China's authorities issue gag order about virus to doctors in Wuhan

webfact

On 11/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

When the Australians took initiative to investigate the origin of the Wu-flu, they were firmly put on the bad boys list and punished. 

Maybe the bio lab had a leak after all.

But the virus started in an animal market in wuahin............didn,t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well...you shouldn't start trade or Humpty Dumpty wars that you cannot win.

Oz is in no position to go in and bat for the "cousins" and has not been able to do so  for at least 5 years..

We have had a mega drought (2 thirds of our flocks are gone) our agricultural production is down 15% and then the Covid...has flattened us.

Nevertheless we will prevail-but without attaching ourselves to the coattails of the "cousins"

Our Prime Minister will have to change course..because there is a couple of billion prospective customers to our North..NNE..NE

There is not that many in the good old US of A..

You,re right about getting cosy with those chinese,what with their carrying on,the natural disasters and the worldwide depression thats in the post sounds like the land down under might be heading down the gurgler.

20 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well...you shouldn't start trade or Humpty Dumpty wars that you cannot win.

Oz is in no position to go in and bat for the "cousins" and has not been able to do so  for at least 5 years..

We have had a mega drought (2 thirds of our flocks are gone) our agricultural production is down 15% and then the Covid...has flattened us.

Nevertheless we will prevail-but without attaching ourselves to the coattails of the "cousins"

Our Prime Minister will have to change course..because there is a couple of billion prospective customers to our North..NNE..NE

There is not that many in the good old US of A..

Well if your sense of direction is an example of your acumen, which you seem pretty confident of, then all hope is not lost. China is not to the NE/NNE maybe some north of Australia, unless continental drift is going faster than I thought. The trouble is they are not very good customers if they dont play by the rules (which were agreed). Add to this, untrustworthy liars, we are betting off selling to India. USA are our rival in selling to China, the barley shortfall comes to mind. As far as strategic positioning goes, Australia knows that it can longer rely on the US particularly when they can elect erratic lunatics like Trump, and they have allowed their military power to degrade such that faced with a second war they would not be able to win both. So if they embroil themselves in the Middle East, or with Russia they might not bother coming to Australia's aid in the South West Pacific. Just what we're going to do we dont know yet, but I don't foresee a great warming of the relationship with China while Xi is in power. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Well if your sense of direction is an example of your acumen, which you seem pretty confident of, then all hope is not lost. China is not to the NE/NNE maybe some north of Australia, unless continental drift is going faster than I thought. The trouble is they are not very good customers if they dont play by the rules (which were agreed). Add to this, untrustworthy liars, we are betting off selling to India. USA are our rival in selling to China, the barley shortfall comes to mind. As far as strategic positioning goes, Australia knows that it can longer rely on the US particularly when they can elect erratic lunatics like Trump, and they have allowed their military power to degrade such that faced with a second war they would not be able to win both. So if they embroil themselves in the Middle East, or with Russia they might not bother coming to Australia's aid in the South West Pacific. Just what we're going to do we dont know yet, but I don't foresee a great warming of the relationship with China while Xi is in power. 

Please see edited post where I amended the direction to NNW and boxed the compass and I have had major problems trying to edit posts..

You stick to your acumen and I will stick with mine...????

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Please see edited post where I amended the direction to NNW and boxed the compass and I have had major problems trying to edit posts..

You stick to your acumen and I will stick with mine...????

Ha Ha, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, after all E is next to W on the left. My other comments stand.

58 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Ha Ha, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, after all E is next to W on the left. My other comments stand.

Ah..the old Fox news stunt.

May I draw your attention to the salient fact that there has been NO CONFIRMATION of a so called "gag" order on the medical authorities in Wuhan?

There may be some day but no confirmation as yet by ant reputable news source.

Therefore this thread has drawn the usual "China haters" without any verifiable info whatsoever...

I call this sort of thing "Humpty Dumpty" media wars.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah..the old Fox news stunt.

May I draw your attention to the salient fact that there has been NO CONFIRMATION of a so called "gag" order on the medical authorities in Wuhan?

There may be some day but no confirmation as yet by ant reputable news source.

Therefore this thread has drawn the usual "China haters" without any verifiable info whatsoever...

I call this sort of thing "Humpty Dumpty" media wars.

You really didn't like me pointing out your mistake did you. So much so that you've got to try and lump me in with Fox news, merely because I can hold a different view about China than you. If you think its just a benign and friendly giant, much maligned by the evil Western press, fine, but that viewpoint, whilst it may be held by many, is not inarguable. I couldn't give a flying f*** about the OP, the topic has moved on.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

You really didn't like me pointing out your mistake did you. So much so that you've got to try and lump me in with Fox news, merely because I can hold a different view about China than you. If you think its just a benign and friendly giant, much maligned by the evil Western press, fine, but that viewpoint, whilst it may be held by many, is not inarguable. I couldn't give a flying f*** about the OP, the topic has moved on.

Sure....

Actually I don't think (and have never said so) that any power is intrinsically "benign and friendly"  and on that score I side with Count Metternich and Henry Kissinger (amongst others) with the concept of realpolitik.

And within that framework I decline to go tilting at windmills for either the American right and it's exceedingly intellectually impoverished cousin, the Australian right.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

really?  you don't need to check whether the latest rumour is just more disinformation?  so if it fits your particular narrative, you'll believe it without question?  that's what, confirmation bias, or something? 

as to this particular bit of disinformation, it's been another 24 hours and mr. googles only gives a few hits in the past week for "wuhan doctor gag order,"  actually fewer hits than yesterday.  it's still up at the original "source" (anonymous sources say!), while the moderator of the reddit page covering the flu has removed the link and locked the thread.   it's up on alkhaleejtoday and en24news. 

as i said before, it is indeed possible, but nobody has seen any evidence.

You may be correct about this particular issue, I'm not debating that.

I'm saying I don't read the news for updates and don't need confirmation and don't need information for arguments. I'm not interested in rumors or confirmation of them. I'm not even interested in how many Chinese support the government and how many don't. Until there is a massive revolt the CCP is in charge and I know their agenda. My mind is completely closed to any belief that that will change. China is what it is. Expecting it to change is a fool's errand. 

I made it clear that my opinion of China won't change because I am fully convinced that China won't change. Speculation or even real news is irrelevant to me. China will do what it will do and the world will suffer it. What more do I need to know? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

You may be correct about this particular issue, I'm not debating that.

I'm saying I don't read the news for updates and don't need confirmation and don't need information for arguments. I'm not interested in rumors or confirmation of them. I'm not even interested in how many Chinese support the government and how many don't. Until there is a massive revolt the CCP is in charge and I know their agenda. My mind is completely closed to any belief that that will change. China is what it is. Expecting it to change is a fool's errand. 

I made it clear that my opinion of China won't change because I am fully convinced that China won't change. Speculation or even real news is irrelevant to me. China will do what it will do and the world will suffer it. What more do I need to know? 

The amount that China has changed?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

this is unfortunate, as your worldview is exactly what the disinformation artists are counting on.  they rely on uninformed people who know what they know because they know, people who don't question the claims that fit their preconceptions and wave off opposing messages as irrelevant.  because they know, and sometimes they vote.

not some times but mostly All the times and usually are the first ones to vote using their preconceptions

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 6:26 PM, from the home of CC said:

I would of thought the gag order would of been last winter, why 10 months or more after the event? Something doesn't add up here..

It was. Newspapers reported that Chinese doctors in Wuhan were ordered to not disclose any information, except via official channels, already in January this year. Other newspapers reported that doctors in Wuhan were forced to hand in their mobile phones at the beginning of their shifts to stop videos showing the real situation to be taken, also starting in January. SCMP and other newspapers ran articles on it

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Sure....

Actually I don't think (and have never said so) that any power is intrinsically "benign and friendly"  and on that score I side with Count Metternich and Henry Kissinger (amongst others) with the concept of realpolitik.

And within that framework I decline to go tilting at windmills for either the American right and it's exceedingly intellectually impoverished cousin, the Australian right.

After the last four years we've had enough of transactional diplomacy, but really Kissinger/Nixon in 1972 was not much different, just by another name: Realpolitik. After Tienanmen, another gagged story, George HW Bush ignored what had happened. The message should have been clear that liberalization was out of the question. It was time to take a new tack. Now we have the gagging news on top of other signs of coverup such as the market sanitization.

But here, Australia has gotten the message: A serious independent investigation is necessary. Various questions need answers, so that we can proceed to the question of how the Chinese environment, natural and scientific, can be monitored to prevent further viral threats to the World. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluetongue said:

Sure you decline to tilt at windmills is one way of putting it. Or just unable to come out and say you are sympathetic to China. Then you try to grey the debate by casting aspersions on other's intelligence and equate it with the right, twice you have done this. Typical from some of the intelligentsia, supercilious snobs that they are, no one is a clever as us therefore we don't have to argue. I'm not from the right or left, I'm pretty sure these are just concepts that divide people. 

I have no desire to be lead by the nose by Rupert Murdoch and his ilk-so blather away!

As far as I am concerned this thread is finished due to any lack of confirmatory evidence produced by any poster vis a vis the information in the OP.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, placnx said:

After the last four years we've had enough of transactional diplomacy, but really Kissinger/Nixon in 1972 was not much different, just by another name: Realpolitik. After Tienanmen, another gagged story, George HW Bush ignored what had happened. The message should have been clear that liberalization was out of the question. It was time to take a new tack. Now we have the gagging news on top of other signs of coverup such as the market sanitization.

But here, Australia has gotten the message: A serious independent investigation is necessary. Various questions need answers, so that we can proceed to the question of how the Chinese environment, natural and scientific, can be monitored to prevent further viral threats to the World. 

I am amazeed,indeed gobsmacked by the number of putative Australians posting on this forum.

Yet when it comes to ANZAC or Remembrance Day-very few indeed....very,very,few indeed.

The same goes for the drought,bushfire and Covid crisis in my country..

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia/wuhan-china-covid-intl/index.html

Even CNN is reporting on the regime’s deceit,  inept response and saving face antics. It’s their headline today. The University of Southampton also did a great study on how things could have been much better had the CCP responded accordingly and kept other nations informed. 

The CCP is a genocidal regime who heavily sensor information and who lock you up, or even have you disappeared, for not following the party narrative. You don’t need CNN or Fox News to know the CCP are an abhorrent bunch who deserve scorn and can’t be trusted at all. 

Ups, more Commie lies.

In a report marked "internal document, please keep confidential," local health authorities in the province of Hubei, where the virus was first detected, list a total of 5,918 newly detected cases on February 10, more than double the official public number of confirmed cases, breaking down the total into a variety of subcategories. This larger figure was never fully revealed at that time, as China's accounting system seemed, in the tumult of the early weeks of the pandemic, to downplay the severity of the outbreak.

The previously undisclosed figure is among a string of revelations contained within 117 pages of leaked documents from the Hubei Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, shared with and verified by CNN.

Taken together, the documents amount to the most significant leak from inside China since the beginning of the pandemic and provide the first clear window into what local authorities knew internally and when.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 7:48 PM, placnx said:

I am not Australian. Do I have to be to speak admiringly of the Australian government's courage in asking for an independent investigation of the origin of Covid-19? Now look at the intense Chinese bullying of Australia, which did nothing but state the obvious. The whole world should take notice and push back against Chinese misbehavior.

Bang on..good fellow.

You are not Australian.

Your honesty is worth it's weight on gold..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

A non-news source social media video and an off-topic post on whether forum members are Australians have been removed.

Please note the following forum rule:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

I am Australian, reminds me of the Cold Chisel song, cheap wine and a three day growth, that is what we'll get now that China has doubled/trebled the price. Anyone for a spot of coal or iron ore btw. All we can do is try and find someone else to flog our stuff to. The CCP probably dont really like their people drinking foreign wine anyway, authoritorians are usually wowsers, look at Prayuth.

• Like 2