Thailand to see more visitors, 'signal' for reopening - tourism chief

webfact

so how do people enter on this visa?its 90 single tourist entry visa?not the special one?im so confused with all this,i want to get my girlfriend from philippines in,i own apt here so thats ok and i have a enough in the bank but the thai embassy there .no info,its weird,infections etc have dropped a lot there and are much lower than anywhere in europe or the americas,any one any ideas or info as its a maze of blank walls and cul de sacs

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Our customers are ready to travel and agents are also ready but our country is not open," said Chairat Triratanajaraspon, president of The Tourism Council of Thailand.

You should check how many countries you're targeting are actually allowing their citizens to travel abroad freely. Not much point in Thailand being open if everybody else is closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Honestly, no tourists are going or want to go, The only people trying to get back are those that need to, e.g. for family, business or they live there. Much nicer back here in Western Australia with our zero level of coronavirus.

Thailand 59 covid deaths from 69 million population. ZERO for past 5 months roughly! Lockdowns ended MONTHS AGO! How's Australia doing???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Big Yuley said:

wow 1,201 new tourists. That will save the country.

Just keep spreading the fear mongering and scare campaign you morons. 

Gov genius's PAY for covid tests at the AIRPORTS and Borders. Israel has CHEAP tests for many months now. Spend some bahts out of your BILLIONS bag!

So almost 90% of the GDP are generated without tourism = tourism is of a certain interest but not life supporting. The picture which presents itself to me every day speaks a completely different language. 

I would assume, that 25% of the Thai labour force is out of business, 25% of labour force doing 11+% of GPD? 

The official statement refers to "1,200 foreign visitors in both November and December, after a slight easing of travel curbs". If you carry "easing the travel curbs" in the same speed, use a big calculator until you are back to the 6'600'000 tourists you claim having had monthly just a year ago over the same period of two months ........... 

Are you joking? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1