Strange Feeling - Mazda CX3

Neeranam

My car is 3.5 years old and the last week or two I've felt a strange feeling when driving. 

It feels lighter, if that's possible, with the steering easier and like it is freewheeling easier. Hard to explain, but reminds me a 20 year old car I used to have. 

The only thing I can think of is the shocks, or brakes. But it's just had a service at Mazda centre. 

Not sure if it feels better or worse! 

Any suggestions? 

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

But it's just had a service at Mazda centre. 

That's probably the root of the issue.

Something is now there that wasn't, but should have been, or something is now loose or missing. :cheesy:

Could also be as simple as all 4 tyres now have the correct inflation of course, which will make it nicer to drive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That could be it. 

Could it be the suspension? 

Did you have the shocks checked when it was in for service, and how many km are on the car. I would think the shocks are the original ones still on the vehicle and could be worn to a point of causing the feeling your sensing.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Did you have the shocks checked when it was in for service, and how many km are on the car. I would think the shocks are the original ones still on the vehicle and could be worn to a point of causing the feeling your sensing.

No, I can't remember them saying anything about shock. Only done 20,000 km. 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, ThaIrish Sean said:

If you increase the pressure in your tyres then the rolling resistance is reduced and also the steering would be lighter.

Fuel consumption is better but grip on the road would be reduced.

This would lead to a sensation of light steering and the car freewheeling easier.

That may apply if the pressure is well over standard, like 45-50psi. Also, tire wear will become uneven (the center of the tire will wear faster than the edges). It's easy to get checked anyway, as it the most probable reason for the observed effects. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DavisH said:

That may apply if the pressure is well over standard, like 45-50psi. Also, tire wear will become uneven (the center of the tire will wear faster than the edges). It's easy to get checked anyway, as it the most probable reason for the observed effects. 

The more I drive and listen, I think it's not the tyres.

I feel/hear a kind of mild rattling. 

I think I'll get the suspension checked.

• Thanks 1