Quarantine stays can now be booked on Agoda

Should of had this organized from the start. They had enough time.

I found this one of the most frustrating and time consuming part of the whole exercise. For example, after confirming availability, search for a flight, find flight then e-mail hotel to confirm booking only to get reply from hotel that room is no longer available.  Then have to start all over sending e-mails to hotels until one has room available. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jaizan said:

On the other hand, why the hospital needs 18,000 baht for 2 covid tests is questionable.   If you fail one of these tests and get sent to hospital, that's all extra, so make sure your insurance is valid.  

The hospital also provides a nurse on duty 24 hours a day at the hotel, which is completely unnecessary, and some people have reported being transported from the airport to their hotel in a hospital ambulance, which is absurd. The required partnerships with private hospitals appear to be just a way to toss money to facilities which have been complaining that their revenues have fallen in the absence of foreign medical tourists. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Where's the link?

That's my question too - I've searched and searched on Agoda but I can't find any sign of it.

My daughter's still thinking of coming back here for a couple of months and is about ready to request a CoE. Being able to look up, choose and book an ASQ hotel through Agoda would probably simplify matters for her.

Has anyone been able to find it?

• Like 2

I just love these people booking ASQ hotels that have to be close to "the action" rather than

one more suited to their situation that is 40 kilometers from the action,.

It does not matter the location, you cannot come out anyway.

Just one taxi fare at the end ?????

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's my question too - I've searched and searched on Agoda but I can't find any sign of it.

My daughter's still thinking of coming back here for a couple of months and is about ready to request a CoE. Being able to look up, choose and book an ASQ hotel through Agoda would probably simplify matters for her.

Has anyone been able to find it?

https://thaiest.com/blog/asq-hotels-on-agoda

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

the med tests should be for free,the kits are real cheap and people are coming to spend money,sleazy not good first impression anywhere.

The tests are free if one tests positive. Save yourself some beer money for afterwards and make sure you get infected first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two possible problems with Agoda.  First is many ASQ's allow a small deposit up front and remainder due later.  Agoda was full cost up front when I looked at one that was on Agoda.

Second, when I was looking, the hotel had discounted their rate when asked directly.  Many have done this.  Agoda had the full rate.

The one good thing about Agoda is you put the arrival date in without having to know the departure date, and new right away if a room was available.