In prison, with periods and no pads: life in a Thai jail

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a terrible comment to make!

There it is in a nutshell. It is law, but the same State that made the law, won't provide the money for the implementation of said law. Runs rampant through the Department of Corrections. Signed

And to think if they did not break the law and end up in jail they would be at home with loved ones and tampons.   choices choices.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Do the crime, pay the time, or would you prefer they have a separate room, with TV, snooker tables, libraries etc etc.

Instead, have money do no time have nothing get plenty of time. I know a guy who spend 3 months in prison for a 5 baht Mama package. Remember the Ann Duncan case? If justice would be served correctly in this country I would agree with you.

In my country they have all the above but still complain. You even don't serve if it is less than 3 years. 75% are foreigners

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They should be treated humanely and provide them the pads.

Just as they should provide Preparation H for the male prisoners.

i had to look that up on google.

some of the ladies get this as well.

not enough roughage in the diet i think

15 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

And to think if they did not break the law and end up in jail they would be at home with loved ones and tampons.

choices choices.

I wonder how many of them actually broke the law, maybe they didn't pay up for something, possibly chose the wrong gik's wife to mess with, or borrowed money to feed their family and couldn't pay it back

also many inside for drug offences, i expect a lot of these are for just marijuana related offences 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, milesinnz said:

perhaps you need to consider how it is people make choices.. very easy for someone like you who is sitting in some sort of privileged position..

There are millions of women in Thailand and IMO less than millions go to jail. Clearly most choose not to do crime so they don't have to do the time.