In prison, with periods and no pads: life in a Thai jail

snoop1130

12 hours ago, RobU said:

Again another random rambling and irrelevant post quoting organisations but with no point. Your post essentially says that women  do not deserve equal treatment. As I said you prove yourself to be exactly the kind of person I described

Where did you come from Professor, go back !

On 11/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Do the crime, pay the time, or would you prefer they have a separate room, with TV, snooker tables, libraries etc etc.

no that's only  for UK prisons  you forgot medical ...dentist..good food Computers ect ect  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, Techno Viking said:

Which farangs are supporting "this kind of prison system" ?

How often do you donate food and toiletries to inmates ?

Nearly every TVF poster uses variants of the "crime/time" adage. My personal donations are immaterial to the discussion. I have merely noticed the hardline attitude among many expats. It disgusts me.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, Harveyboy said:

no that's only  for UK prisons  you forgot medical ...dentist..good food Computers ect ect  

UK prisons are CIVILIZED, A concept that Thailand has yet to learn. Even American prisons are exponentially humane compared to Thai lockups.

21 hours ago, KhunFred said:

UK prisons are CIVILIZED, A concept that Thailand has yet to learn. Even American prisons are exponentially humane compared to Thai lockups.

not saying different but UK prisons are no deterrent..looked after better than than our OAPs is what im saying  kill someone in UK go get a free courtesy PHD  taxpayer's expenses..sorry if you dont agree crime is surging out of control  easy prison tome won't fix it..just saying 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, KhunFred said:

American prisons are exponentially humane....? Hmmm please enlighten us mere mortals as to the real meaning. I am not a Rhodes scholar however, I do detect a certain lack of command of the English language in the afore mentioned blurb. 

On 12/4/2020 at 7:05 PM, Catkiwi said:

American prisons are exponentially humane....? Hmmm please enlighten us mere mortals as to the real meaning. I am not a Rhodes scholar however, I do detect a certain lack of command of the English language in the afore mentioned blurb. 

I have a simpler method to satisfy your need to play "language cop".  SImply point out the error. I am not perfect, though I am a native speaker.

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I have a simpler method to satisfy your need to play "language cop".  SImply point out the error. I am not perfect, though I am a native speaker.

Only guessing but maybe “exponentially” has him thinking...

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Only guessing but maybe “exponentially” has him thinking...

Perhaps "exponentially MORE humane" would be clearer and more effective. My Graduate Degree is not in English, so I am not an expert on that subject. Amazing how TVF posters can completely bypass the subject matter to dwell on grammar issues.

• Like 1