Amazing Hotel Deals +90% Discount

ExpatOilWorker

On 11/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

863 baht a night at Mandarin Hotel. It might never really have been 12K, but there are some good deals out there.

Please share if you have come across similar eye watering deals.

Hotel.jpg

Looking at that hotel on Booking.com, I can guarantee that it was never a ฿12,000 room.  No way, no how.  The building itself from the outside is nothing special and neither are the rooms.  No balconies, bog standard white tile floors that you see in every ฿600 guesthouse.  It’s also an extra ฿500 per person for breakfast which looks no better than any other run of the mill hotel.

The good deals really seemed to be few and far between and over the last few months, prices have climbed by about 20-30% from August.  Of course, it is now “high season”, but I believe that this year, people will vote with their wallets more so than in previous years.

For what I consider a good deal, DusitD2 in AoNang is hard to beat even though prices have crept up.

another even better deal is the hillside room at AWA Koh Chang for ฿1156 (all taxes and fees...and breakfast...included) where it is beachfront, has a great bar with seating overlooking the water, a truly excellent breakfast with omelettes made to order, espresso drinks made by a barista (and not a machine), crispy bacon (not just ham and those sorry Thai “sausages”, etc etc etc. (unless they’ve changed since I was there a couple years ago).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Airalee said:

Looking at that hotel on Booking.com, I can guarantee that it was never a ฿12,000 room.  No way, no how.  The building itself from the outside is nothing special and neither are the rooms.  No balconies, bog standard white tile floors that you see in every ฿600 guesthouse.  It’s also an extra ฿500 per person for breakfast which looks no better than any other run of the mill hotel.

The good deals really seemed to be few and far between and over the last few months, prices have climbed by about 20-30% from August.  Of course, it is now “high season”, but I believe that this year, people will vote with their wallets more so than in previous years.

For what I consider a good deal, DusitD2 in AoNang is hard to beat even though prices have crept up.

another even better deal is the hillside room at AWA Koh Chang for ฿1156 (all taxes and fees...and breakfast...included) where it is beachfront, has a great bar with seating overlooking the water, a truly excellent breakfast with omelettes made to order, espresso drinks made by a barista (and not a machine), crispy bacon (not just ham and those sorry Thai “sausages”, etc etc etc. (unless they’ve changed since I was there a couple years ago).

AWA looks good. Thanks for the tip.

Emeralds Cove on Koh Chang is another good deal.

Screenshot_20201129-204339_Agoda.jpg

• Thanks 1