What's happened to Zontes?

edwinchester

I'm looking to buy a budget adventure bike in the near future and leaning towards the Honda and Benelli 500's.

But.....I really like the look of the Zontes 310T. The reviews are really good and the price is very attractive. However I'm finding it impossible to locate any dealers and am wondering if, after the release last year, Zontes have given up in Thailand.

Any thoughts and info?

Thanks for reading.

12 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I'm looking to buy a budget adventure bike in the near future and leaning towards the Honda and Benelli 500's.

But.....I really like the look of the Zontes 310T. The reviews are really good and the price is very attractive. However I'm finding it impossible to locate any dealers and am wondering if, after the release last year, Zontes have given up in Thailand.

Any thoughts and info?

Thanks for reading.

Never heard of Zontes??

The second hand market is flooded with adv bikes for sale, some good deals about.

9 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

What did they say when you contacted them in BKK  or anywhere else ?

Phoned a few numbers of the nearest dealers and either unavailable or didn't answer.

Websites I've found haven't been active for months on end.

Edited by edwinchester

17 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I had never heard of the brand until this thread.

FB last entry Dec 2019 - I would say you dodged a bullet buying one

Maybe....but it is a nice looking bike and the international reviews are excellent hence wanting to at least check one out if possible.

Perhaps it's a Thailand specific distribution problem right now considering sales elsewhere seem to be normal.

There are many nice bikes out there but if not good dealership support or easy access to spare parts and service in Thailand, I don't think it's wise to try and buy one even if available somehow..., it's just going to be a headache going forward...

Fortunately Thailand is full of locally made or well supported non-local bikes, so give this a pass - even if it looks good...! ????

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies and thoughts.

As an update I got through to the Zontes distributor and they arranged for a call from a reasonably local dealer, I'm in Kanchanaburi and the dealer, also for Benelli, is in Nakhon Pathom. A really helpful guy, who spoke excellent English, sent me loads of pics of their Zontes range and also the Benelli adv bike. He also told me that the Zontes adv bike will only be available in Thailand sometime next year. Maybe I'll wait.....but.....out for a drive last week I saw a really nice CRF250l, NOT the Rally, kitted out with a nice screen and luggage. Which got me thinking about the new CRF300 which has a much stronger motor than the 250.

Decisions decisions.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1