What is the point of the under consideration stamp

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration period is done because the extension application has to be approved at a higher level of immigration than the office where you apply.

This is of course the correct reason from a legal point of view. Since I've never heard of anyone not being issued the extension they applied for at the end of the "consideration" period, though, it's fairly clear that the extra approval level is essentially meaningless, and does make one wonder why they don't just amend the regulations to eliminate the extra step. 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration period is done because the extension application has to be approved at a higher level of immigration than the office where you apply.

Which then begs the question as to why that 'higher level' isn't located in the same office/building, or working the same hours as his/her minions. (And I know you probably don't know the answer to that ubonjoe) - but it adds to the ever increasing and inconvenient number of times that foreigners have to waste at Immigration, just because the authorities have no concept of consideration, planning, coordination, common sense or interest in others outside their own official bubble.

Now,  back to my morning coffee......

Do you think the 'higher level of immigration' actually checks all the applications for extensions?

More than likely not i think.

55 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Do you think the 'higher level of immigration' actually checks all the applications for extensions?

They only receive the ones that they have to approve. And they do check that all the requirements are met.

I have a stamp under the my extension stamps showing the date, file number, the day it ends and who approved it at Immigration Division 4.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

They only receive the ones that they have to approve. And they do check that all the requirements are met.

I have a stamp under the my extension stamps showing the date, file number and who approved it at Immigration Division 4.

wow.

I'm surprised that someone in a higher ranking position would trawl through all those applications, what a horrid job.

You'd think that the the local imm offices would be given a criteria and once met they'd be able to approve?

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm surprised that someone in a higher ranking position would trawl through all those applications, what a horrid job.

I am sure there is an officer that reviews them before the it is submitted to the approving officer.

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You'd think that the the local imm offices would be given a criteria and once met they'd be able to approve?

Only certain extensions and visa applications have to be approved at the division level and that is set by regulations and etc done by the immigration bureau.

They should offer 2 queues, 1 queue for people who pay 2000 more and get the definitive visa instantly, and a queue for the cheapies who prefer to come back a second time ????

On 11/29/2020 at 9:12 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

wow.

They have an intern who does it for them, stamps it, and shows them where to sign.  Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it LOL

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Exactly my point, nothing gets checked by a high ranking official, only signed, back to my original comment, what's the point...

It creates jobs, if the IOs wouldn't have to do such tasks then what should they do all day? Cruising around in the BMWs gets boring if that's all you do every day.

You can't expect that they do something useful like securing border crossings to prevent people who are infected with Covid to walk into Thailand.

Archived