Restaurants, cafes & sites open?

sdweller

My wife and I are attempting to jump through the hoops required so we can enter Thailand in January. After quarantine, I know we are free to travel around the country...my questions is, how many restaurants, cafes, and even temple sites are actually open now?  Planning on spending our time in Bangkok and Chiang Mai for 3 months.  Thanks for opinons...

6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Covid is the least of one's worries in Australia. Seems that you have the most deadly species of every type.

http://www.animalslook.com/media/australias-most-dangerous-animals-10-pictures/australias-most-dangerous-animals-10-pictures-10.jpg

You missed out the resident people in your post/link!

????

• Confused 1

It seems it depends a lot on the area where you go.

I live in lower Sukhumvit and it's empty compared to before. Some places closed, others with few guests.

Hotel buffets are not what they used to be.

And the street is almost empty at night when normally it was full of taxi-no-meter.

But recently I was in a local Thai floating market in Bangkok and that was a busy as it was two years ago.

• Like 2

Couple nites back,

papa stopped into Baccara a-gogo.

Walking street.

24 beauties a dancing.

One customer.

Sad but wonderful.

Last nite Pattaya beach full full

w/ Thai tourists for fireworks.

Thailand is the best place to be. 

(... outside of WA.)

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Don't know anything about Bangkok or Chiengmai but in Pattaya it's dead. Half of the decent restaurants are closed some permanently. The bars are dead many hotels are shut. The ones that remain open have 10% occupancy during the week and 30% at the weekend. Phuket is suffering even worse than Pattaya. 

Pretty much the same in Chiang Mai , as nearly everythings closed , there isnt much point in coming to CM

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Areas known for tourists and tourist attractions will be a big disappointment. Rural areas will be fine I think.

Half of Pattaya is boarded up like it is the set of a zombie movie. You dare not eat in restaurants without customers that you don't know well as you don't know how old the uncooked food will be.

Some attractions are closed or have restricted opening (eg weekends only to cater for thai tourism).

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 11:53 PM, sdweller said:

My wife and I are attempting to jump through the hoops required so we can enter Thailand in January. After quarantine, I know we are free to travel around the country...my questions is, how many restaurants, cafes, and even temple sites are actually open now?  Planning on spending our time in Bangkok and Chiang Mai for 3 months.  Thanks for opinons...

Everything is open... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Would someone PLEASE keep me and others updated on when we are a loud back in without having to go in to quantine  first, and what is going to be needed med wise. Australia (where I am ) is going to start rolling out  a vaccine in March 2021, but that could change. and a app for your phone to say that you have been tested and dated to chow customs etc. We still have now dates yet at this end when our boarders are opening for over seas travel. But am hoping soon so can book flights and accommodation etc,as I do not want to stuff around again. Thanks.