Silly question regarding Fit to fly

drenddy

Sorry for not being smart. 

Could anyone enlighten me, what does HN stand for on this fit to fly? 

Does the doctor need to write a "diagnosis", such as no Covid-19 symptoms(dry cough, high fever, breathing difficulties), which itself is not a diagnosis...? 

Or just thick the box "fit to fly" 

At the bottom of the page, only relevant if witnesses have been involved and so on? 

Thank you 

2_Fit_to_fly_formal_template.pdf

Edited by drenddy

Your attacted PDF cannot open; I guess that it is this form?
https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/guidelines/G23.pdf

My Doctor didn't fill the field; he probably didn't know what it is either. My guess is it means Hospital Name and that they want the name of the hospital, or, for instance, Private practice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, farang51 said:

My Doctor didn't fill the field; he probably didn't know what it is either. My guess is it means Hospital Name and that they want the name of the hospital, or, for instance, Private practice.

Yes, that one. 

Was it enough to thick box fit to fly or your GP wrote as well "no concerning symptoms of Covid-19"? 

Did your GP signed and stamped the certificate or just signed? 

May I ask, which airline you travelled with? 

Thank you 

Edited by drenddy

6 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Was it enough to thick box fit to fly or your GP wrote as well "no concerning symptoms of Covid-19"? 

Did your GP signed and stamped the certificate or just signed? 

Signed and stamped. I don't know if they accept the empty HN field or the ticked box - he also ticked the None and Economy Class boxes. I had to cancel my trip; thus, I never got to use the form.

HN stands for hospital number - it's used at every Thai hospital I've been to to describe the patient's identifying number at that facility. (The same HN stays with you for life - I've returned to a hospital after 20 years and they dug out my old HN and kept using it.) It's irrelevant for this purpose, so it won't matter if it's left blank; most other versions of this form don't even have a space for the HN.

And yes, I've seen certificates successfully used by others that only have the checked box. In a number of countries, the doctor doesn't even conduct an in-person exam to issue the certificate - it's just based on a phone conversation or video call.

What you're seeing is that the fit-to-fly certificate is not an appropriate document for the purpose that it's being used for here. The version you saw indicates what it's really for: to assure an airline that a patient who was just released from the hospital (or is visibly pregnant, or has a plaster cast) isn't a risk for causing a diversion or emergency landing. It was never meant as a certification of a person's general health or freedom from disease. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, farang51 said:

My patient no. on my BNH card starts with "HN".

You don't need to use that template at all, so I wouldn't worry about the HN number.  In fact, you don't even need to visit a hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery. The Thai Embassy in London give a list of acceptable clinics which provide the service and some of them are online, a doctor just calls the traveller, asks some health related (Covid) questions and then sends a Fit to Fly letter by e-mail.

• Like 1

Quick update. 

We had 2 forms of FTF for my wife(both have been posted by TV users on various topics) 

Asked the GP to write "no concerning Covid-19 symptoms" as well. 

At check-in in Copenhagen, they just looked for 1 second, then quick look at COE and that was all. 

I could have made the FTF myself, nobody would have noticed. 

Edited by drenddy
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Medconsult has fit to fly certificates for 400 baht. You pay 400 baht, you receive a link to fill in an online form (which took me 30 seconds) then receive the fit to fly by email! There's a 2 min video consult after to approve it. Soo simple!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, KhaoYai said:

You don't need to use that template at all, so I wouldn't worry about the HN number.  In fact, you don't even need to visit a hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery. The Thai Embassy in London give a list of acceptable clinics which provide the service and some of them are online, a doctor just calls the traveller, asks some health related (Covid) questions and then sends a Fit to Fly letter by e-mail.

Where is this list?