Bank Transfers update

Raybangkok

An update to my original post. Please leave in general. Many thanks for all the replies. I was asking if the email was spam but many said about how to transfer money. I have been transferring money here from the UK since I retired when I was 38yo now in my 60,s so thanks for the info but not relevant to my query. I got a reply from Bangkok Bank in Thailand copy attached. Hope this maybe a help if anyone else has a similar email.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your email and we would like to inform you that the email you received is not from Bangkok Bank. Please avoid clicking the link or fill in any your information in the email. Currently, we are investigating and coordinating with the relevant authorities to close the link.

Please be confirmed that Bangkok Bank will never send an SMS or emails requesting you to click, download or install any software or application to make a transaction with us or introduce any pop-up asking for your personal information. Therefore, if you receive this kind of SMS or emails, or have clicked any link to download suspicious software or application, or see any unfamiliar/irregular screen, please immediately stop any transactions and contact Bualuang Phone 1333 or (66)26455555. Our service is available 24/7.

May we suggest you to stay safe from phishing as follows:

1.                  Enter the website URL by yourself instead of clicking the link.

2.                  Check every character in the URL and make sure it is correct.

3.                  Click ‘Master key’ icon to verify the website certificate and ensure it is a secured connection.

4.                  Check if any of the information requested is different from usual.

5.                  For security, please only download applications from App Store or Google Play.

We apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also contact our phone banking center at (66)26455555 (from the overseas) or 1333 (from within Thailand), a 24/7 service to acquire more information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Web operations

Admin 01

Be on the lookout for forged e-mail messages that claim to be sent from Bangkok Bank. We will never send you an e-mail with an attached file. We will also never ask you details about your account by an e-mail message or a pop-up window.