Khon Kaen student group rallies cry for rejection of school uniforms

rooster59

Khon Kaen student group rallies cry for rejection of school uniforms

By THE NATION

800_30d70bab14a39ed.jpg

A student group in Khon Kaen province, called KKC Pakee Students, issued a statement on Thursday night urging students across the country to wear casual clothes to school on Tuesday.

In its Facebook post, the group said students should not be afraid about questioning the need to wear school uniforms.

“We urge all of you to wear casual clothes to school instead of uniforms to question its importance. Will students be allowed to attend classes if they do not wear a uniform? Will casual outfits increase inequality in schools? Why is focusing on uniforms so important in school?”

KKC said if only 10 students wear casual outfits, they will be punished. But what happens if every student decides to wear informal clothes to school?

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398708

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-28

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Help prevent gangs from forming on campus

It may help but only a little. In the high schools here...the gang kids keep a certain large keychain outside their belt in full view and that is the symbol that everyone knows...but little is done about it.

I had no issues expressing my individuality while wearing school uniform for more than five years. I only got suspended twice and I was in my 6th year before I got red-carded. This occurred after it was decided that I looked way, way more cool in my Harris tweed jacket than the regulation maroon blazer. The lesson I took away from that expulsion was never believe everything your incredibly hot (two week) high school girlfriend tells you.

• Haha 2

I always remember when I got my school uniform. Thought it looked real smart and I was proud.

Long time ago, but then, could not imagine wearing something else.

Move forward to today.

Do kids want to wear a school uniform?

If not, maybe kids attitudes have changed.

If so. So be it.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:53 AM, rooster59 said:

A student group in Khon Kaen province, called KKC Pakee Students, issued a statement on Thursday night urging students across the country to wear casual clothes to school on Tuesday.

I think the student movement should focus on core issues now, not to cloud everything and split views.

Uniforms are way down the priority list of things that really matter.

This just fragments peoples views.

• Like 1