Jump to content

Pre-flight Covid negative test result and quarantine on arrival


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Whale said:

You do not have to show an "original document" at any point of the process, just copies.

I think that the airline could want to see the original test document and perhaps the fit to fly certificate. And maybe immigration when your arrive here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The pre-flight test can be up to 72 hours old which offers plenty of time to become infected after the test. One also may doubt the validity of some 3rd world   test result documents. 

From any country...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 1:22 AM, joe999 said:

If that is the case, what is the point of having done the pre-flight test, since it's not a guarantee.

None of the precautions in place provide a 100% guarantee and this is to be expected.  The point of them is to minimise levels of infection and keep them at a manageable level, preventing hospitals etc from being overrun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The pre-flight test can be up to 72 hours old which offers plenty of time to become infected after the test. One also may doubt the validity of some 3rd world   test result documents. 

Somewhat similar to an HIV .negative test.

 Valid until you   come into " contact " with another person ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As has already been pointed out, Thai nationals don't need a Covid test to return to Thailand.  My wife travelled to the UK on a Finnair, fully socially distanced flight and the crew made regular checks to ensure passengers were wearing masks.

 

When we arrived at London Heathrow for her return flight I was gobsmacked that the flight was absolutely full. Why Thai's can travel without a Covid test on the same flight as foreigners that have to provide a negative test is beyond me. 

 

As it happens, a monk on my wife's flight tested positive on arrival in Thailand yet we heard nothing about anyone else getting it.  I refuse to believe that a person can be infected, sit within inches of other people in an enclosed environment for 12 hours and not spread it - Amazing Thailand (again).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that the airline could want to see the original test document and perhaps the fit to fly certificate. And maybe immigration when your arrive here.

Given the short timelines aren’t most original documents actually emailed attachments from the test laboratory rather than mailed hard copies ? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that the airline could want to see the original test document and perhaps the fit to fly certificate. And maybe immigration when your arrive here.

Given that due to the speed required (within 72 hours), many Fit to Fly letters and Covid test results are sent online - many are not originals.

 

Post above beat me by seconds! 555

Edited by KhaoYai
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

As has already been pointed out, Thai nationals don't need a Covid test to return to Thailand.  My wife travelled to the UK on a Finnair, fully socially distanced flight and the crew made regular checks to ensure passengers were wearing masks.

 

When we arrived at London Heathrow for her return flight I was gobsmacked that the flight was absolutely full. Why Thai's can travel without a Covid test on the same flight as foreigners that have to provide a negative test is beyond me. 

 

As it happens, a monk on my wife's flight tested positive on arrival in Thailand yet we heard nothing about anyone else getting it.  I refuse to believe that a person can be infected, sit within inches of other people in an enclosed environment for 12 hours and not spread it - Amazing Thailand (again).

This is the anachronism but I understand some countries laws prevent denial of a returning citizen even without a test ,which obviously includes Thailand. Airlines however can insist on such a test to allow boarding. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Muller the creator of the PCR test says it should not be and cannot be used to test for Covid or any other live virus. it only amplifies what you already have in your body. So if you have had a cold in the passed your immune will have a record of that for future use. The PCR amplified dead cells. The test is amplifying 30 times if you go over that you will find anything says Dr. Muller. He died   just before Chinese flu outbreak. I think it was the Kenya president sent in his test result from his dog and a pawpaw and both came back positive. That's why so many people are positive without symptoms. Youtube has Dr Mullers videos still up
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't a set pattern, there are various strains that behave the same but with different characteristics, also some people have been tested positive then retested and got a negative and vise versa. The air filtering systems on a plane cancels out any one getting infected during flight. Then there's the time line variation to becoming infected.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...