Plans to open Thailand further to tourism - 40,000 foreign returnees have arrived since July

rooster59

40 million foreign "visitors" last year equates to around 110,000 per day... And this year there's been just 40,000 since July, or what would normally arrive in less than 9 hours....  Nothing to crow about..

I hope they keep the numbers low until the country can adequately protect its residents, and if this means mandatory vaccinations for ALL arrivals then so be it.

Thailand had done extremely well in preventing the spread of Covid, and I just hope they can keep it up in what is hopefully the final stages.  I'm not expecting (or hoping) 2021 to be much busier than this year.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, steve73 said:

40 million foreign "visitors" last year equates to around 110,000 per day... And this year there's been just 40,000 since July, or what would normally arrive in less than 9 hours....  Nothing to crow about..

I hope they keep the numbers low until the country can adequately protect its residents, and if this means mandatory vaccinations for ALL arrivals then so be it.

Thailand had done extremely well in preventing the spread of Covid, and I just hope they can keep it up in what is hopefully the final stages.  I'm not expecting (or hoping) 2021 to be much busier than this year.

@steve73 glad its all working out for you.

• Thanks 1