Plans to open Thailand further to tourism - 40,000 foreign returnees have arrived since July

rooster59

42 minutes ago, Benmart said:

As for who earns what, how and why is beyond my capability. I have, however, read various articles concerning overcharging, double-pricing and other scams by hospitals hereabouts, written by the Thai and foreign media as well.

The prices are set before you book in, some high, some low.

That lets out the dual pricing argument as far as ASQ is concerned. Who ended up in hospital?

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Plans to open Thailand further to tourism - 40,000 foreign returnees have arrived since July

mask.JPG

A foreign ministry spokesman has announced figures for the number of Thais and foreigners who have returned to Thailand since the pandemic broke out. 

And now the foreign minister himself is indicating that westerners may be allowed to charter planes and quarantine at resorts in tourist areas. Whether this marks a shift in current arrangements remains unclear as CCSA (Covid-19 committee) approval remains a hurdle.

But both Thai Rath and Daily News intimated that Thailand was about to open more widely to a broader spectrum of foreigners, not just mostly Chinese travellers on special tourist visas. 

FM spokesman Thanee Saengrat said that from July 9th to 24th November the ministry had issued Certificates of Entry (CoE)  to 40,401 foreigners. 

Of these the most were Chinese at 7,116 followed by 5472 Japanese, 3279 Americans, 2640 British and 2169 South Koreans.

He said that the three most prevalent categories for these were 1) Work permit holders or those with a right to work and those married or with children 2) spouses or children of Thais and 3) School or college students and their parents.

Regarding Thai returnees Thanee said that in the period June 4th to 25th November 128,103 Thais had been assisted by the FM in returning home. Of these 97,396 had returned by air, 28,700 by land and 2,007 by sea. This process was continuing as was the repatriation of foreigners. 

In December 6,951 Thais were due to return (data from November 16th).

The top ten countries from which Thais had returned were as follows: 1. Malaysia, US, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, UK, Sweden, Germany, Australia and India. 

Thai Rath reported that 711 foreigners had arrived on the STV, special tourist visa that permits long stay that can be extended up to 270 days.

Both media reported that Thai foreign minister Don Pramudwinai was in favor of opening the country further to all foreign tourists.

The suggestion was that westerners would be allowed to charter planes to fly in and quarantine in tourist areas.

This would be subject to CCSA approval, said the spokesman on behalf of the minister.

How this would differ from current arrangements was not clearly articulated, notes Thaivisa.

Sources: Thai Rath and Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-28

COE REPORT 27 Nov 2020.JPG

Of these the most were Chinese at 7,116 followed by 5472 Japanese, 3279 Americans, 2640 British and 2169 South Koreans.

one has to be skeptic about these numbers, all the mentioned countries are having an increase of their citizens on infections due to corona virus, due to such they have been restricting outside travel as well, on the other hand every here at TV there is a report about 10 or more daily infections detected on quarantine places, who or what to believe

• Like 2

The suggestion was that westerners would be allowed to charter planes to fly in and quarantine in tourist areas

wishful thinking, who/which city  would want to receive potential infected people  555

3 minutes ago, SPREX said:

There have been 128,000 people entered Thailand since April 4, 2020 

Number of people returning to Thailand
 Since 4 April 2020, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has brought Thai
A total of 128,103 people have returned to Thailand from 141 countries / areas.
Divided into
 Weather 97,396 people (4 April - 25 November 2020)
 Land by land 28,700 people (Date 18 April - 25 Nov 20)
 River 2,007 people (9 May - 25 Nov 20)
 Number of Thai nationals wishing to return in December 20
6,951 people (Status as of 16 Nov 20)

8 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

Sur les 40000 qui sont revenus, combien ont été testés positifs en quarantaine? Les hôpitaux gagnent beaucoup d'argent. 

547  Tested positive in ASQ at 11 October 2020 .................CDC Thai  

•  

image.png

Edited by SPREX
up date
  • Like 2

Last year I entered and left via transit staying in Bangkok 3 times. Does that make me 6 tourists ?

Also it seems desperation is starting to take hold in the government and they are pushing to open Thailand. Money is running out fast ....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

" les  trois catégories les plus courantes pour ces derniers étaient 1) les titulaires de permis de travail ou ceux qui ont le droit de travailler et les personnes mariées ou avec enfants 2) les conjoints ou enfants de Thaïlandais et 3) les étudiants des écoles ou des collèges et leurs parents." 

Pourquoi associent-ils continuellement le tourisme aux expatriés? Aucune des trois catégories ci-dessus ne sont des touristes. La police de l'immigration ferait un énorme pas en avant si elle essayait de comprendre que nous ne sommes pas tous des «touristes». Moins de gens abuseraient des visas touristiques si l'Immigration reconnaissait les diverses raisons pour lesquelles nous sommes ici. 

They certainly do not associate tourists with the code TR (619), STV (783) and ELITE (478) the report is very clear ....

I recommend you to consult the Immigration Database IN-OUT PIBSCIS all categories of incoming and outgoing visa are indicated and it is fully automated when the passport is read at the border .... here example for July 2020

If you want more details you are  welcom 

image.png.51e4d8c6f2b6dfc1230f06ec37b82db7.png

COE REPORT 27 Nov 2020  en.JPG

Edited by SPREX
up date
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

This is a valid point. Last year they claimed 40m tourists. I left and re-entered the country five times, so was I five tourists? 

only 5 times? I travelled every month for a long weekend home to TH from SG.

But what shell. Tourism is only about 10% of TH GDP. Don't understand why the TAT barking so loud for Tourists for TH.

THs are proud to be independent and they would never tell that they do from tourist. That the fact.

I wish, I could do only one time a time travel, about 20 years back....

• Like 1

It is how the thai translators are translating the word 'tourist'. Seems that they use it to explain and catalog anyone coming to this country whether to be with family... wife and children... to see their condo/apartment still stands... or simply get back to a life that created here and jumped through all the hoops for.

Yes it is Thailand and it belongs to the thai people... we are just well paying guests.  We get it. I am not complaining... just wondering that without a shred of common sence or a basic understanding of what logic is and that Thailand needs the rest of the world and cannot go it alone what in the name of anything holly is going to happen? Well .... maybe prying might help.

But 40000? Really? From where exactly? China? India? Russia? Certainly not from the European continent or North America.  There is more here than meets the eye of even a blind man.

• Like 2

Immigration Report data base BIPCIS  IN-OUT FOREIGNER 

here is an example for the last month of July 2020 that I extracted from the IN-OUT report of the BIPCIS database
I filtered the nations that interest us
Sorry for the size but it's really too big so it's cut on the right in the first table
2nd IN-OUT table Complete January-October with calculation from April for entry restrictions
I remind you here that all immigration In-Out data are in the public domain in a restricted monthly report and it is this database which feeds all the Thai institutions and administration among others the MOP, TAT, BOT, etc. it is automated
so they do not count with abacus or on the spur of the moment as some people write ????

image.png.b3202d24058000a32b9e8f2878225d9b.png

Something is wrong with these figures - or someone is telling lies..

TAT recently told us that there were only 1465 CoE entries in October. That doesn’t really tally with ‘40.000 since July’, does it?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192204-retirement-visa-holders-largest-group-of-foreigners-to-enter-thailand-in-october/?tab=comments#comment-16002427

• Like 1