Central Festival was just Closed for Covid Cleaning

MalibuJay

I was in the Virgin Active Gym at about 10AM when the staff came through to tell everyone that Central Festival was closing in 5 minutes.  When I asked why, they said it was for Covid cleaning.  It looks like it wasn't planned.  All of the staff were already in place in the shops and were ready to open at 10AM as usual. They're all standing around talking on their cell phones now or putting tarps over their displays.  I haven't seen any information about it online yet.  I can't confirm that it's for Covid, but I'm assuming that it's just a precaution.  It's still odd that they didn't provide advance notice.

Edited by MalibuJay
cleanup
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MalibuJay said:

I was in the Virgin Active Gym at about 10AM when the staff came through to tell everyone that Central Festival was closing in 5 minutes.  When I asked why, they said it was for Covid cleaning.  It looks like it wasn't planned.  All of the staff were already in place in the shops and were ready to open at 10AM as usual. They're all standing around talking on their cell phones now or putting tarps over their displays.  I haven't seen any information about it online yet.  I can't confirm that it's for Covid, but I'm assuming that it's just a precaution.  It's still odd that they didn't provide advance notice.

It is on the Chiang Mai news Facebook.

Confirmed female Covid.  She apparently lives near the mall.

Nov. 21-23 she went to Central Festival.

Ate at Shabu

Went to the movie.

On Nov. 24 go as bar host.

Feeling sick she go to Doctor on Nov. 26.

IMG-20201128-WA0000.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is on the Chiang Mai news Facebook.

Confirmed female Covid.  She apparently lives near the mall.

Nov. 21-23 she went to Central Festival.

Ate at Shabu

Went to the movie.

On Nov. 24 go as bar host.

Feeling sick she go to Doctor on Nov. 26.

IMG-20201128-WA0000.jpg

Actually she went to a male host bar as a customer, KingWay in Santhitam.
She declared she had a fever before arriving there.

Edited by orchis

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Are you the only one who is allowed to post on this forum?

Should everyone check your posts before making a post.

I suggest you get off your high horse, and on your medicine

Won’t work.  When he gets off his high horse he gets on a higher one.

Thai friend just rang me to inform me of this.

Female who lives in a condo near Central Festival has been confirmed with Covid-19.

She regularly shops and eats in Cent Fet and went to Santhitam the other day.

The authorities are telling everyone who has been to Cent Fet in the past 10 days to go for a check-up if they feel unwell, have a runny nose, can't smell odours, etc.

There is still uncertainty at the mall.  It reopened sometime today and I was just there for coffee, but they are telling everyone to leave again as of 4PM and calling all the vendors into a meeting sometime later on.  I am friends with one of the vendors. They're not sure right now if they will be open tomorrow.

this was reported by chiang mai city life:

One new case of Covid found in Chiang Mai CityNews – A meeting was held yesterday afternoon, attended by the governor, public health officials and director of Nakornping hospital, amongst many other officials, to discuss the discovery of one new patient now confirmed to have Covid-19 here in Chiang Mai. “A 29 year old woman with flu-like symptoms went to hospital to check for Covid on the 24th November,” said a representative of Nakornping Hospital, who said that on the 26th November her test came out as positive. According to the hospital representative, on the 21st of November, or thereabouts, the woman went to eat Japanese shabu and watch a movie at a large mall. She began to feel symptoms on the 23rd. The official went on to say that the timeline is vague at this point and authorities are currently undergoing a complete contact tracing investigation. The hospital is stepping up its alert and currently reinforcing strict measures on all personnel. A proper press announcement will be made by the governor and the public health authorities when more information has been confirmed. In the meanwhile please make sure that you all use strict social distancing measures and follow all preventative protocol.

Last time I went to Central festival the only thing the security did was check temperature.  He really was not checking to see if anyone is actually scanning the QR code on the Thai Chana App.  Most of the businesses in the mall do not enforce Thai Chana App scanning as well.  Getting an accurate contact tracing on this woman will be difficult.  

• Like 1

What the heck. I thought everyone including Thai are supposed to be checked for Covid before entering Thailand and also be quarantined.

Can somebody explain how she avoided both check and quarantine?

I was thinking of going to go to Central Festival during the weekend, luckily i didn't.

Those in contact with her have to undergo 14 days quarantine, I heard. Those who were in central Festival on Nov 25 are in trouble.

Edited by EricTh

If this woman went to Myanmar and then returned to Thailand recently as suggested, it's going to be very interesting to hear some explanation from the local Thai authorities of how she apparently managed to avoid both COVID testing and quarantine upon her return here.

Would seem the local border authorities have some splaining to do.

FWIW, the international health folks lately seem to be much more keyed in on respiratory transmission of COVID as opposed to transmission by touching surfaces. From everything I've been reading, they seem to think the respiratory route accounts for the vast majority of transmission.  But I guess the Central folks want to be extra careful, after the fact.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I can offer my company to lonely thai cuties during this troubling times....like one big teddy bear ????

*reasonable rates*

Considering that she paid for male companionship and that she was too lazy to walk about 500 meters from her Condo to Central Festival (they are right next to each other, she took a Grab both ways), maybe she isn't the type of cutie that you have in your mind ????

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Last time I went to Central festival the only thing the security did was check temperature.  He really was not checking to see if anyone is actually scanning the QR code on the Thai Chana App.

They're not having customer write in phone numbers at the doors either., or they weren't. That said they had this new eye scanner, or new to me, I have not been out there in a while. But the guys at the parking lot entrance were only scanning ... yep ... farang ... dirty ... smelly ... well could have been just me, not locals. Later in the week all customers just put their hand up to the scanner, did not do an eye scan. 

That by the way was what they doing when "Patient Zero" cruised threw. I was there the same time to pick up my Butterball pre cooked Turkey, frozen dressing and gravy from the basement mart. 

You know they will be full metal scan and trace app or write, with doormen in HazMat suits this week.        Yawn :biggrin:

Edited by LomSak27

13 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

They're not having customer write in phone numbers at the doors either., or they weren't. That said they had this new eye scanner, or new to me, I have not been out there in a while. But the guys at the parking lot entrance were only scanning ... yep ... farang ... dirty ... smelly ... well could have been just me, not locals. Later in the week all customers just put their hand up to the scanner, did not do an eye scan. 

That by the way was what they doing when "Patient Zero" cruised threw. I was there the same time to pick up my Butterball pre cooked Turkey, frozen dressing and gravy from the basement mart. 

You know they will be full metal scan and trace app or write, with doormen in HazMat suits this week.        Yawn :biggrin:

I can't blame them. Imagine if you are the only one working and standing there and have to scan the temperatures of tens of thousands of customers per day, it's just too tiring.

They should at least hire two or three people at the entrance to do the scanning and ensure everybody recorded their entry into the mall.

Edited by EricTh

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I can't blame them. Imagine if you are the only one working and standing there and have to scan the temperatures of tens of thousands of customers per day, it's just too tiring.

They should at least hire two or three people at the entrance to do the scanning and ensure everybody recorded their entry into the mall.

That temperature scanning is almost useless anyways since most people who are contagious show no symptoms. 

Edited by shdmn

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

The guy who was being dickish about the eye scan,  was on the car park/parking lot ground floor entrance to Central Food Hall. The least used entrance way to Central Festival Mall. Leaving with my butterball, I watched a couple thai use their hands to scan with it. I gave him a big smile. Make sure he knows, that I know, he is being a dick. 

I cannot recall the day   ????     I was in there but likely a day before Patient Zero. I bet they have scan teams a rolling this week, but only after the hazmat suit squads has decontaminated the mall.