Go home and vote, or lose some civic rights, warns Phuket election office

rooster59

Go home and vote, or lose some civic rights, warns Phuket election office

By The Phuket News

1606476859_1-org.jpg

The notice issued by the Phuket office of the Election Commission of Thailand. Image: PEC

PHUKET: The Phuket office of the Election Commission (PEC) has issued a notice “reminding” Phuket non-natives to go back to their hometown to vote in the upcoming for Provincial Administration Organisation (PAO, or OrBoJor) elections to be held nationwide on Dec 20 – as there will be no advance or distance voting held.

Those who are unable to travel home to the constituency where they are registered to vote on the election day must provide written notice to their home District Office explaining why they are unable to vote, the PEC explained in its notice.

Voting is compulsory in Thailand. Failure to do so will result in the loss of several rights, such as to run as candidates in future elections and to serve as village or tambon chiefs (Phu Yai Baan and Kaman, respectively).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/go-home-and-vote-or-lose-some-civic-rights-warns-phuket-election-office-78129.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-28

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Voting is compulsory in Thailand. Failure to do so will result in the loss of several rights, such as to run as candidates in future elections and to serve as village or tambon chiefs (Phu Yai Baan and Kaman, respectively).

Oh yeah, those are terrible penalties ????

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I bet that not many people are worried about that. Stay where you are and save the trip money,don't even worry about the written notice . 

I never vote ,I took myself off the list 30 yrs ago.

Edited by digger70