Retirement visa and living in Chiang Mai. Can one depart and return after being abroad for 90 days?

I am currently living in Chiang Mai with a retirement visa. I have health insurance from abroad that covers me for Covid -19 , I also have the 1.0+ million baht in the bank and has been there for extended periods. I would like to know if I go abroad for a 3 month vacation will I be able to return to Thailand by just doing the covid testing and the 14 day quarantine before I return to my condo in Chiang Mai? Or will I have to forfeit my retirement visa and return as a tourist and then reapply for everything again. My retirement visa is a Non - O, not the Non O-A visa.  Thank you to anyone who is able to help with information concerning this.

If you are on a one year extension of stay based upon retirement and have a valid re-entry permit you can enter the country after getting a certificate of entry.

You will only need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid to the day your current extension of stay ends.

21 minutes ago, Mops59 said:

I have just returned on same visa. My visa still valid. You need re-entry permit from immigration. Unless you have multiple entry.

Just to be clear. The OP has an annual extension to his non O. He does not have a retirement visa.

The only way your visa could be valid is it is a non O-A. 

The OP will need to obtain a reentry permit.

1000baht single or 3800b multiple.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to be clear. The OP has an annual extension to his non O. He does not have a retirement visa.

The only way your visa could be valid is it is a non O-A. 

The OP will need to obtain a reentry permit.

1000baht single or 3800b multiple.

I think B1900 for reentry permit.

24 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

1K single entry and 3K multi entry as far I remember, you need a copy passport, picture etc too. Best to get a multi re-entry right away and upfront with your next one year extension.

The multi is 3800.

You need a TM8 with photo attached.

You can download the TM8 and obtain re-entry permit at airport. Simple process.

Archived