Are retirement Visa holder now allowed to return to Thailand

I assume you will be applying for a new extension of stay (it is not a visa) next month. You can enter the country with a valid extension of stay and a re-entry permit.

If you have not been extending a entry from a OA visa you will need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid to the day your extension ends to apply for a certificate of entry.

If entry was from a OA visa you will need 40/400k baht medical insurance when you enter the country also.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Was looking Answer to the same question of non-o retirement extension and ability to return if leave the country. Seems it possible. 

How about the insurance - do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

7 minutes ago, mran66 said:

How about the insurance - do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

Yes if you have proof it covers covid 19 up to at least $100,000 and is valid for the length of stay you will get when you enter the country.

11 minutes ago, mran66 said:

do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

If your normal insurance covers it (and you have proof that it does) then that's all you need.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes if you have proof it covers covid 19 up to at least $100,000 and is valid for the length of stay you will get when you enter the country.

... And in case the insurance renewal is due before visa expiry? In my case insursnce renewal april and visa in November... 

1 hour ago, Mops59 said:

Yes I've just returned from The Netherlands on Non O retirement. Now my last day of quarantine.

I heard that the Covid jab up the nose is quite painful, is it true?

Sorry to be vague but it’s an important issue and needs clarification - at least for me...

1.   I hold an OA and extend in - say - Jan, at which time I produce my 400000/40000 insurance but NO Covid-19 insurance as I am in Thailand.

2.   I decide to travel overseas in Feb and obtain a re-entry permit.

3.   I return to Thailand in March. The requirements seem to be:  cert of entry, 14 day quarantine booking and neg test; do I also need COVID insurance from date of entry in March to expiry date of the extension?

4.   Do I also need to produce proof of the 400000/40000 insurance?

Thanks in advance