Are retirement Visa holder now allowed to return to Thailand

Hello,

I am in Thailand now and plan to renew my Retirement Visa next month December.

I would like to travel to UK in January.

My question is ' Are Retirement Visa holder now allowed to return to Thailand?

Noted a Certificate of Entry is required from the UK Thailand embassy.

If it is not allowed to return I will cancel my trip

Many thanks for the information provided by Thai Visa members.

Sorry if this has been asked recently.

Thanks in Advance

I assume you will be applying for a new extension of stay (it is not a visa) next month. You can enter the country with a valid extension of stay and a re-entry permit.

If you have not been extending a entry from a OA visa you will need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid to the day your extension ends to apply for a certificate of entry.

If entry was from a OA visa you will need 40/400k baht medical insurance when you enter the country also.

Was looking Answer to the same question of non-o retirement extension and ability to return if leave the country. Seems it possible. 

How about the insurance - do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

7 minutes ago, mran66 said:

How about the insurance - do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

Yes if you have proof it covers covid 19 up to at least $100,000 and is valid for the length of stay you will get when you enter the country.

11 minutes ago, mran66 said:

do still I need to buy separate covid insurance if my personal health insurance covers possible covid treatment? 

If your normal insurance covers it (and you have proof that it does) then that's all you need.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes if you have proof it covers covid 19 up to at least $100,000 and is valid for the length of stay you will get when you enter the country.

... And in case the insurance renewal is due before visa expiry? In my case insursnce renewal april and visa in November... 

Sorry to be vague but it’s an important issue and needs clarification - at least for me...

1.   I hold an OA and extend in - say - Jan, at which time I produce my 400000/40000 insurance but NO Covid-19 insurance as I am in Thailand.

2.   I decide to travel overseas in Feb and obtain a re-entry permit.

3.   I return to Thailand in March. The requirements seem to be:  cert of entry, 14 day quarantine booking and neg test; do I also need COVID insurance from date of entry in March to expiry date of the extension?

4.   Do I also need to produce proof of the 400000/40000 insurance?

Thanks in advance

46 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Now tell him where to go to get information or steps needed to get back in.

Here is basic rundown on the current requirements

https://thaivisacentre.com/thailand-covid-entry-requirements

We have had reports already of entry of expats under O, and O-A based retirement visas.

7 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

3.   I return to Thailand in March. The requirements seem to be:  cert of entry, 14 day quarantine booking and neg test; do I also need COVID insurance from date of entry in March to expiry date of the extension?

4.   Do I also need to produce proof of the 400000/40000 insurance?

Thanks in advance

3. Yes, you will need US$100,000 Covid insurance from date of entry in March to expiry date of the extension (assuming the rules don't change between now and March).

4. In theory, the fact that you have an extension of stay and reentry permit in your passport should indicate that TI saw proof of your 400K/40K insurance when your extension of stay was granted.  If it were me, though, I would carry my 400K/40K policy with me just in case they ask for it upon entry.  Better safe than sorry as the expression goes...

On 11/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you will be applying for a new extension of stay (it is not a visa) next month. You can enter the country with a valid extension of stay and a re-entry permit.

If you have not been extending a entry from a OA visa you will need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid to the day your extension ends to apply for a certificate of entry.

If entry was from a OA visa you will need 40/400k baht medical insurance when you enter the country also.

It might have been answered before but I have seen conflicting answer regarding health insurance. I plan on going to Thailand in January on a TR (single entry)  Do I require a health insurance for that type of Visa or only the COVID-19 insurance?  Thank you very much for your help.

3 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

It might have been answered before but I have seen conflicting answer regarding health insurance. I plan on going to Thailand in January on a TR (single entry)  Do I require a health insurance for that type of Visa or only the COVID-19 insurance?  Thank you very much for your help.

Foreigners entering Thailand require proof of at least $100,000 US  . Without proof you cannot complete the Certificate of Entry application . Plus Covid 19 coverage. 

To add insult to injury I have to give up the insurer I have used for 10 years because they will not commit to Covid 19 and this outfit never asked for a medical when I first signed up so my preexisting conditions were covered . All the new insurances for Covid that I have looked at specify no coverage for prexisting conditions .

Reading the fine print on one of the offerred insurances they specify no coverage if you contract Covid 19 prior  to policy activating so to guard against getting infected in travel I will date the policy at least 5 days prior to flight to counter any possible challenges should the worse case be realized and we discover I am infected  during quarantine .

On 11/28/2020 at 11:51 AM, localexpat said:

Hello,

I am in Thailand now and plan to renew my Retirement Visa next month December.

I would like to travel to UK in January.

My question is ' Are Retirement Visa holder now allowed to return to Thailand?

Noted a Certificate of Entry is required from the UK Thailand embassy.

If it is not allowed to return I will cancel my trip

Many thanks for the information provided by Thai Visa members.

Sorry if this has been asked recently.

Thanks in Advance

It is not a 'retirement visa'.  It is an extension of stay for the purposes of retirement.  When will people learn?

With regards to the question though, yes, people with retirement extensions on 'O' and 'OA' visas are now being allowed to re-enter Thailand.  Assuming, of course, that the original retirement extension is still valid and you have a re-entry permit, which should have been arranged before you left Thailand.  

11 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Here is basic rundown on the current requirements

https://thaivisacentre.com/thailand-covid-entry-requirements

We have had reports already of entry of expats under O, and O-A based retirement visas.

Thanks, I already have the information I thought it should be presented since some are making it look like a cake walk to get back in, if that was the case I would have left Thailand long ago to make a visit back home U.S.

Archived