Entrance to Thailand without quarrantine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I've screenshotted my own post as quoting it wont bring up the three "confused" emoji

Tell me what is it you dont understand lol ??

Screenshot_2020-12-01 Entrance to Thailand without quarrantine.png

Think that how much we wish quarantine would end, it will unfortunately be later than the end of next year as, if vaccinations will be the tripping point, not many travelers would have gotten the vaccination as there will be more important people ahead of them.

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Think that how much we wish quarantine would end, it will unfortunately be later than the end of next year as, if vaccinations will be the tripping point, not many travelers would have gotten the vaccination as there will be more important people ahead of them.

Indeed, shares in airlines, travel companies etc. have shot up recently after various companies reported high vaccine efficacy rates (which actually refer mainly to not getting seriously ill rather than becoming non-infectious to others, though this remains to be clarified). I think they are grasping at straws. There have been quite a few discussions on which groups will be the first to receive a vaccine (e.g. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/10/who-is-first-in-line-coronavirus-vaccine/https://www.cnet.com/how-to/covid-19-vaccines-will-arrive-soon-but-you-could-be-last-in-line-heres-who-will-get-one-first/) but travelers are way down. There is simply not enough supply and people also seem to have no idea of the logistical effort and the amount of materials (e.g. injection needles) that is required. It is possible, however, that you fall into a risk group, get vaccinated and then may be able to travel (but maybe still have to face a shorter quarantine). This would take time, with most vaccines requiring two injections (and sometimes from the same batch) three-to-four weeks apart and then some more time to get maximal protection. So the average traveler will stand little chance, maybe some 'essential business' travelers will get lucky.  

Archived