Brexit negotiations restart in person as clock ticks down

rooster59

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Polite maybe but as sneaky as the rest. Remember the footage of the meeting when using the island of Ireland as a tool for leverage was plotted? 

The highly edited footage you mean?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

When will you realise that there is a big difference between washing salad vegetables and the chlorination of water and chlorination of chicken?

What is chlorinated chicken?

It goes on to say that these bacteria are more common in the USA than UK and EU due to the lower animal welfare standards there.

Furthermore, it's not just chlorinated chicken; there are other practices allowed in US food production that currently aren’t permitted in UK food standards.

Not what I read. Have a look at this:

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/food-safety/chlorinated-chicken-explained-why-do-the-americans-treat-their-poultry-with-chlorine/555618.article

2 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I'm ready to look at the footage and no-tabloid material about it and discussion this question...

Now in his long career Barnier served as a European Commissioner for Regional Policy in the Prodi Commission (1999-2004) and worked years to solve the Irish situation. He was instrumental in bringing peace in Ireland through the Good Friday Agreement

I'm not sure you are aware of the irony of the situation : with this five-years experience Barnier knows Ireland infinitely better than the successive british negociators he had to deal with. 

Actually he only came into it AFTER the Good Friday agreement was signed.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/SPEECH_18_3624

Edited by billd766
bloody wireless keyboards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

There's a lot in there which agrees with the Soil Association; and it doesn't mention the need to pump animals with antibiotics to prevent infections caused by low hygiene standards at all!

But the conclusion of your link say it all

Following concerns raised by the poultry industry over the dual-tariff proposals, Environment secretary George Eustice and international trade secretary Liz Truss have written a joint letter to MPs insisting they won’t relax standards.

The government remained “firmly committed to upholding our high environmental, food safety and animal welfare standards outside the EU”, the letter said. These standards included a ban on artificial growth hormones and set out that “no products, other than potable water, are approved to decontaminate poultry carcases”.

Maybe you didn't read that far?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

There's a lot in there which agrees with the Soil Association; and it doesn't mention the need to pump animals with antibiotics to prevent infections caused by low hygiene standards at all!

But the conclusion of your link say it all

Maybe you didn't read that far?

Of course I did.

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Getting de javu here ????

How many times has this been threatened only for the Brexiteers to blink first. 

Neither side seems to have backed down, thats why we are in the current situation .

The article isnt a threat , its a report on the potential outcome of the negotiations  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I think this week is going to be critical. Either Johnson accepts the EU's terms or we leave with no deal.

Patience and time is running out.

Either way I'm going to sit here with a beer and laugh at either outcome. 

I,ll laugh later because he who laughs last laughs the longest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I’m anti Brexit and I still want a no deal! You can‘t just eff off and then expect to be allowed to cherry pick the conditions! Screw that! Let them reap the benefits of their actions! 

Right on like saving ourselves 37 million pounds a week for starters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Wether there's a deal or not, he did a masterful job considering the situation, it was important that the EU stay united in these difficult negotiations, as the UK strategy was to break EU unity. 

Sadly the UK chose the most extremist form of Brexit, and negotiations will have to continue for many years.

Most aspects of trade, policy, norms, not to mention whole economic sectors are not covered. 

Barnier never lost his temper, always polite with an unstable UK, he was able to show who in fact is "taking back control". 

Now wether there is a meager deal or no-deal in the next few days, the blueprint for a future deal has been laid down. 

6 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Correct. The British now discover it's no longer The British Empire, who negotiate with Zanzibar, Birma, the Boers or even the Catholic Irish, but the tiny British Isles negotiating with the EU BLOC. No gun boats to use.

The boers?the anglo boer war ended  118 years ago,  do try and keep up with current affairs and wheres birma?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Does this northern regeneration include your home town of Middlesborough, isn't it good of the EU to give us some of our own money back to do what they say we spend it on.

How far is Cheltenham from Middlesbrough ? I think you’re confusing me with your grouse friend ? You do seem a tad obsessed with it to be fair 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Good grief after 4 years you still can’t get the sums right ! 

can you give us the NET (that’s different from gross) breakdown please ? 

Brexiteer maths, this should be good .....

Academic,we hand over 37 million and get back a fraction and are told how to spend it,link..we won,t be fooled again the who.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kingdong said:

If the eu don,t want to honour britains right to participate in the single market,why should the uk worry about the eus current fishing rights?these will be ripped up 31 dec unless the eu stop their shenanigans.

No one is stopping the UK from participating in the single market. They'll just access it as a free independent nation unfettered by the cruel chains of the EU. Like Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1