Brexit negotiations restart in person as clock ticks down

rooster59

6 minutes ago, baansgr said:

It's pretty obvious, either the EU accept what the UK is offering or its no deal

Let it be compromised ....if both E.U. &  U.K. do not accept eachother's offers it is NO deal 

This is the correct situation ???? more simple called ....REALITY SITUATION

Edited by david555

34 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

"the cruel chains of the EU" you want to make us cry? In the EU, the UK was perceived as a major pain, not paying normal membership dues like us, repeatedly vetoing policies to impose its will on us. In this regard we are taking back control and gaining freedom from "the cruel chains of the UK"  ????

Single market means single rules for fair competition. The UK refuses these common rules, the most famous being the ECJ to settle disputes. 

It's the same as in football: if you don't play be the rules of football and refuse the referee, you cannot play other countrie's teams. 

Australia has no access to the single market. What Johnson calls an "Australia deal" is... no-deal. There is no Australia-EU FTA. 

I'm surprised there are still people who after 4 years still do not get these basic points right.

Ah the democracy of france the french farmers were champions of it when it came to attacking lorries importing food into france while the bold gendarmes stood scratching theirselves.anyway that is just my view when a british referendum was held the uk voted out,whens france having one?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So the EU wants a deal more than the UK?

Any evidence to back that up?

The evidence is in ye face already if Teresa May another remainer had been sacked and sent off to exile in Scotland the UK would have been long gone from th EU mafia 4 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

"the cruel chains of the EU" you want to make us cry? In the EU, the UK was perceived as a major pain, not paying normal membership dues like us, repeatedly vetoing policies to impose its will on us. In this regard we are taking back control and gaining freedom from "the cruel chains of the UK" 

I think that your "normal membership dues" may not be as normal in the future as you might want them to be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The evidence is in ye face already if Teresa May another remainer had been sacked and sent off to exile in Scotland the UK would have been long gone from th EU mafia 4 years ago.

No evidence then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Just to put it into perspective, the UK have paid the EU 217 billion pounds from 1973 until 2019. The 50 banks that have left/are leaving the UK for the EU will result in a loss of 800 billion pounds. The total loss will be around 1.4 to 1.6 trillion pounds. One doesn’t have to be a genius in math to realize that the UK would’ve been much better off staying in the EU, but hey, they wanted out, soon they will be out and we’ll see how it works out for the, but don’t be surprised if it doesn’t! 

And where did these amazing numbers come from?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

I ask because you don't seem to have noticed that there are more similarities between the two articles than differences.

I was referring only to the issue of chlorine washing, not doing a compare and contrast. Chlorine washing itself is safe according to the article. If you feel the need to down a KFC banquet three times a day then there might be a problem, I suppose! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I stand corrected, thank you! 

I had similar problems beore and in the end I went to Google to get more information. Now I do it as a matter of habit if I reply to anybodys post that requires more than an emoticon or a one liner reply.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hi from France said:

"the cruel chains of the EU" you want to make us cry? In the EU, the UK was perceived as a major pain, not paying normal membership dues like us, repeatedly vetoing policies to impose its will on us. In this regard we are taking back control and gaining freedom from "the cruel chains of the UK"  ????

Single market means single rules for fair competition. The UK refuses these common rules, the most famous being the ECJ to settle disputes. 

It's the same as in football: if you don't play be the rules of football and refuse the referee, you cannot play other countrie's teams. 

Australia has no access to the single market. What Johnson calls an "Australia deal" is... no-deal. There is no Australia-EU FTA. 

I'm surprised there are still people who after 4 years still do not get these basic points right.

quote from your post. "Single market means single rules for fair competition. The UK refuses these common rules, the most famous being the ECJ to settle disputes."

How about the EU using the British courts to settle disputes? Would the EU agree to that?

They would never agree to that and I don't blame them either. BUT why should the UK use the ECJ.

A fairer way for both sides would to find a neutral court from outside the EU and the UK to make judgements.

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

deleted post

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

Keep fighting for your waters & fish ...please dont give up ...????....????

As this result is much more worth....

Banks are moving $1.6 trillion in assets out of the U.K. ahead of Brexit cutoff

BY 
 AND 

This story has little evidence for such a big number.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

And where did these amazing numbers come from?

The Express for one; How much has Brexit cost? The staggering amount for UK taxpayers

The truth is, the real cost of Brexit will not be clear until way ahead in the future - but how much has it cost so far?

There is no definitive figure for the cost of Brexit so far.

A report from Bloomberg Economics estimates that Brexit has set Britain back to the tune of £130 billion so far.

What’s more, it further estimates that figure is likely to top £200 billion by the end of the year.

Between 1973 and 2018, the UK’s net contribution to the EU was £216 billion in real terms, according to Full Fact.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

This story has little evidence for such a big number.

Yeah....and of course ii is "only Bloomberg "....such a amateuristic financial  news institute totaly unreliable for mister Nauseus ...

???? ????????????????

Oh dear o dear ....brexiteers you never see the end of their ignorance ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1