New Year drink driving crackdown: Slogan to change - drunks to stick their fingers in their nose

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a pretty serious drink driving problem in Ireland in the 60s, 70s and probably early 80s (as I'm sure many other countries had). Only through strict, on the spot breathalyzer tests, the issuanc

Most Thais I know already stick their fingers up their nose.   Yet more BS from the top. How about actually DOING something rather than talking about it. Impound the vehicle for 90 days or b

Things will change then? Remember this sign translated to English says  'drive slowly if drunk'

Posted Images

2 hours ago, djayz said:

We had a pretty serious drink driving problem in Ireland in the 60s, 70s and probably early 80s (as I'm sure many other countries had). Only through strict, on the spot breathalyzer tests, the issuance of hefty fines coupled with points and/or a loss or the driver's licence did the authorities get the problem pretty much under control. Although you'll always find a few chancers, the majority of people refrain from drinking and driving nowadays - it has simply become too expensive, not to mention inconvenient and embarrassing to lose a licence. 

If the authorities here are even remotely serious about tackling this problem, then they must crack down on offenders. Not just once or twice "for show", but day in, day out. Take them to the washers. Compound their vehicles on the spot. Issue hefty fines. Blacklist repeat offenders. The possibilities are endless. 

Too many innocent lives lost on the roads and sweet xxxx all is being done about it. 

One the companies I worked for in uk would add having a driving licence as part of your contract. If anyone lost their licence it was taken as a breach of contract. To my knowledge it never happened but I often wondered, but never asked, if it was legal for them to do that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

anutin needs to go back to kindergarten; he obviously botched it the first time

Nah, he was already in his comfort zone. like most on this issue in Thailand.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, overherebc said:

One the companies I worked for in uk would add having a driving licence as part of your contract. If anyone lost their licence it was taken as a breach of contract. To my knowledge it never happened but I often wondered, but never asked, if it was legal for them to do that.

Perfectly legal if the job required driving, especially if driving company vehicles as drunk driving convinctions would affect their insurance costs once the offender got his license back.

• Thanks 2