Video: Yikes! Mum is just in time to save baby child from huge centipede

rooster59

42 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

It was on national tv. Pretty sure the Thais know the difference.

Me too.

This ugly beast was in the house(!) yesterday.

9 years and always escaped the unwanted experience.

I learned that in Isan they are called "kêe-kèp" (ขี้เข็บ) while in Thai they are "dtà-kàap" (ตะขาบ).

You better remember both and if you hear it: jump on the table :biggrin:

20201128_072959.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Me too.

This ugly beast was in the house(!) yesterday.

9 years and always escaped the unwanted experience.

I learned that in Isan they are called "kêe-kèp" (ขี้เข็บ) while in Thai they are "dtà-kàap" (ตะขาบ).

You better remember both and if you hear it: jump on the table :biggrin:

20201128_072959.jpg

We have them and cobras down here. I am more wary of the dtakaap than the snakes. They love living under rotting vegetation. I am surrounded by them as my house is surrounded by uninhabited land, and they are the reason I wear thick gloves if in the garden. 

The heavy rain brings them out and about. See them at least weekly, and some are quite big. They are quite tough also, they don’t die easily. And quick. 

• Like 1

One should not say that he/she "hates" anything or anyone, but these disgusting and very dangerous m(deleted)f(deleted)rs I truly "hate". We lost one, elderly, gardening staff to a centipede bite more than 10 years ago. Our gardener was already a bit sick and weak - thus, the centipede bite was the "straw that broke the camel's back"... ????

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, 473geo said:

You are all heart, not really inappropriate for a child to be playing on the floor near the mother, and she did spot the danger, so thankfully was keeping an eye out

I aim to please the Thai  Visa brigade????

Having a kid means you have to watch it 24/7 when its that  young.

21 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Jesus they do like a repeat loop with a bit of zoom in and red pointy arrows with loads of Oohwee' noises .. 

I'd have set that clockwork cat on it .. 

At least they didn't pixel out the accused centipede! 

Edited by Curt1591
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Often wondered if these things just bite as soon as they 'bump' into you.

If you don't see it and stand on its tail end then of course it'll bite, but, will it crawl over your foot and carry on or just bite on any contact?

Some years ago I had one scuttle over my foot without biting.

I was standing by watching the wife doing something the the garden when she must have disturbed one as it came scuttling out of the undergrowth over my bare foot and disappeared into the undergrowth on the other side.

It all happened so quick and was over before I had time to react. guess I was lucky as the thing was in too much of a hurry to get away to (from the wife) to bother to stop and bite.

I can still feel the tickly feel of its little feet as it scuttled across my foot.  :w00t:

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Some years ago I had one scuttle over my foot without biting.

I was standing by watching the wife doing something the the garden when she must have disturbed one as it came scuttling out of the undergrowth over my bare foot and disappeared into the undergrowth on the other side.

It all happened so quick and was over before I had time to react. guess I was lucky as the thing was in too much of a hurry to get away to (from the wife) to bother to stop and bite.

I can still feel the tickly feel of its little feet as it scuttled across my foot.  :w00t:

I've had a couple of times had small snakes do similar while trying to 'convince' them to leave with a stick, but, those centipedes I do a good impression of a Japanese chef with a couple of sharp blades.

4 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Bromptons cocktail, gin, morphine, cocaine

I remember my Mum, who was a nurse, telling me in 60s about her administering Brompton's Cocktail to certain patients. I think I asked her if I could try it! 

And a much more humane and comfortable way to go.

Edited by Tyler Visan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Visan said:

I remember my Mum, who was a nurse, telling me in 60s about her administering Brompton's Cocktail to certain patients. I think I asked her if I could try it! 

The quack here used to give me Brown's cough mixture which contained opium. Could certainly use that as a starting point. 

1 minute ago, Bluetongue said:

The quack here used to give me Brown's cough mixture which contained opium. Could certainly use that as a starting point. 

You can still buy it in the local pharmacy. Now that with Glenfiddich could be a way out. (Not that I am thinking about it...........YET)

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Questionable reporting you would have to say. It looks like grandma comes in and not so much traps it, as breaks the things spine, which could be considered harmful if you are the centipede.

I wonder how they cooked it after? :cheesy:

And there they all were,busy "baby sitting" on their mobile phones!

The only mental stimulation/interaction with the baby,was the cuddly toys & grandma squashing the millipeed and people wonder why the world we live in today is <deleted>'d up.

• Like 1