Thailand again considers 10 day quarantine for some tourists

rooster59

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

How do they get you - in splendid isolation - all the way from Bangkok to Chiang Rai to begin quarantine?

I don;t think that there are any international flights to here at present.

And why not list Chiang Mai, it has a good report card and many suitable hotels for quarantine. But like CR no inwards international flights.

But how come places like Buri Ram are listed? A puzzle. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And why not list Chiang Mai, it has a good report card and many suitable hotels for quarantine. But like CR no inwards international flights.

Maybe because areas listed are not popular holiday destinations for Western tourists? Who knows how they come up with these ideas?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Errrrr.....oops.

Up until this morning it did.

• Like 1

“As reported by Bangkok Biz News earlier in the week he noted that ten provinces had scored full marks for their ability to offer quarantine facilities. “

It don’t really matter which resort you choose when you’re stuck in a room for 10 or  14 days does it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

And what about if you have a vaccine already?

Hopefully that will completely change the whole ballgame.

Airlines (e.g. QANTAS) are starting to talk about this. Probably means something like quoting your vaccination registration number when booking, and electronically verified at check-in and during your flight rechecked at the arrival destination. But the actual vaccination checking processes still in development, and most countries yet to announced new rules for those who have been vaccinated. Hopefully soon. And the reality is that returning to pre COVID 19 days is unlikely, there will be a 'new normal'.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand again considers 10 day quarantine for some tourists

Maybe they should come up with another super-catchy, irresistible sales promotion like:

“Now offering a new deluxe quarantine package for exclusive quality tourists… pay for 14 days but only stay for 10.”

Another excellent opportunity to make the evil foreigners pay more for less.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Ive got an idea that Buri Ram wants to host international events at Chang Circuit, notably MotoGP, although it has now been deferred to the 2nd half of next year anyway.

Since they've mentioned China and Vietnam - I'm pretty sure people from those countries ALSO need to quarantine back home under government care upon their return.

So I'll say it again, such a move will do almost nothing to increase the number of regular tourists that would be willing and able to holiday in Thailand.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A Thai doctor representing the health ministry once again suggested that Thailand should reduce quarantine to ten days from 14 to spur tourism.

A Thai doctor representing the health ministry... blah blah blah...

Have said it before and I will say it again, " Quarantine = No Tourists "

I am like most on here a tourist but with a Thai wife and child, I have a house in Thailand and have been trying to get back for my wife to visit her elderly parents since the virus took hold, however we both agree that we will not quarantine. So the sooner we can get the vaccine the sooner we should be able to return. ( HOPEFULLY )

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don Chance said:

And what about if you have a vaccine already?

There will still be a quarantine even if you have been vaccinated. A good money maker. As far as reducing from 14 days to 10, I can not see them doing that. Almost a 30% reduction in revenue. Might stay 10 but pay for 14

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

There will still be a quarantine even if you have been vaccinated. A good money maker. As far as reducing from 14 days to 10, I can not see them doing that. Almost a 30% reduction in revenue. Might stay 10 but pay for 14

If there is still a quarantine even if vaccinated thailand will be a no go and real riots will start there. Then the people will to quarantine will drop dramatically because they will be insulted.  I can see maybe a few hours quarantine pending negative test if you show proof of vaccination.

• Like 1