COVID in Chiang Mai?

My GF is telling me there is a report in Thai on Facebook saying there has been an outbreak of coronavirus in Chiang Mai. Any confirmation of this in other media?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You sound a bundle of fun. Most 24 year old want to live a bit. 

Well, this is a thread to follow.   and only 33 days left in 2020...

Is it normal behavior for Thai who came back from abroad to smoke, drink alcohol, partying at Karaoke, go shopping as if life is going to end tomorrow?   Aren't Buddhist supposed to stop all

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF is telling me there is a report in Thai on Facebook saying there has been an outbreak of coronavirus in Chiang Mai. Any confirmation of this in other media?

I read about it in the place we can't link.There's also reports in this thread.

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your GF is telling the truth

more details here

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/11/28/chiang-mai-officials-announce-domestic-covid-19-case-details-given-at-press-conference-patient-went-to-a-pub-shopping-mall-movies/

the behaviour and the total course of the young thai girl infected are totally astounding

Answers are going to be asked soon, including why she has escaped to the quarantine at the border

• Haha 1

I'm not going to fear monger and say there are tanks in the streets, F16s flying overhead, and a wall around the province that is 10 km high.  I won't scare anyone into believing there are zombies on Loy Kroh drinking beer and falling asleep in their beer....hey, that's my friend!!

i think they said 150 was like affected.  multiply that by 1 billion, divide by 11/4, subtract the square of 87 to the 11th and then multiply by infinity .......  possible number in 11 minutes.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
17 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Aren't Buddhist supposed to stop all these worldly desires or at least try to control them.

And Christians are all about peace and love - not making war... 

And not to the extent you mention, but it was normal for Thai people returning from abroad, usually after a couple of year stint working abroad to have a party in the village... I bet there is such a thing as a homecoming party in your culture too - right?

And no, it is not normal now in the time of covid... but surely 1 person's behaviour does not define a religion... 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

A timeline of the woman's movements. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but the source is usually reliable.

A list of everywhere the COVID-19 positive 29-year-old woman went.

- she entered Thailand illegally on Nov. 21 in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai then caught a bus to Chiang Mai -the name of the bus company isn't mentioned but it's not hard to guess

- she then used Grab to travel from Arcade Bus Station to D Condo Ping in Fa Ham where she lives

- she visited Central Festival Nov. 21-22; the condo she lives in is next door hence she regularly visited

- she was at Kingsway Club KTV on Sirinton Road in Santitham Nov. 24, some reports say she was working there while others say she was visiting

- she went with a "male friend" and stayed at the Vidi Conidium on Santisuk Road, Santitham at 2 a.m. Nov. 25

- she had breakfast at the Chang San restaurant in Santitham Plaza Nov 25 before returning to her condo. - She then had lunch at Shabu Shabu in Central Fest and saw a movie at Major Cineplex Theatre 6 at 4:30 p.m.

- On Nov. 26, she called a Grab to take her to Rajavej Hospital with symptoms including cough, headache, diarrhea and nasal congestion.

- she tested positive to COVID19 at 10 p.m. then was transported to Nakornping Hospital and put in isolation.
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Is it normal behavior for Thai who came back from abroad to smoke, drink alcohol, partying at Karaoke, go shopping as if life is going to end tomorrow?

Yes. She’s 24, not 94. 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

- she entered Thailand illegally on Nov. 21 in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai then caught a bus to Chiang Mai -the name of the bus company isn't mentioned but it's not hard to guess

She is Thai and came in on a bus so why do you say she entered illegally?Are not everybody entering Thailand quarantined?Why wasn't she quarantined?Sounds a bit suss and the authorities a just saying she entered illegally to divert the blame.

• Like 1

A live test of their track and trace system, including the Thai Chana app. (hope you've all still got on your phones up there in CM)

Let's see how effective it really is in practice. They've done well in the past when isolated cases have popped up. I'm confident they'll contain this one as well.

• Thanks 1