Some champagne to celebrate the end of quarantine ?

I do not understand if, when arriving in Thailandia and going to be quarantined, it is absolutely prohibited to bring any kind of food and alcohol.

I would like to bring something to celebrate the end of my next house arrest.

Maybe I could also put my little treasure in a separate bag to be kept by the hotel, but I do not understand if this would be allowed.

Does anybody has experience or knowledge about the baggage checking procedure at airport and at the hotel  ?

When quarantine ends, go outside, buy champagne, bring back, drink. 

I think your example is more about drowning sorrows DURING quarantine. And while it may seem cruel to withhold alcohol from modest drinkers, the impact of drunken idiots is so difficult to deal with, I guess it makes sense to have these clear rules. Or the hotels would need to employ bouncers/gorillas/security staff 24/7.

28 minutes ago, androokery said:

I think your example is more about drowning sorrows DURING quarantine. .....

Not at all, I am not so alcoholic, and I do not need to drown my quarantine sorrows in a bottle of wine .  

I would be happy to give all my bottles to the hotel to keep them while I am in quarantine.

You know, the Champagne bought in Thailand is madly expensive and often badly preserved.

Usually, when I come back to Thailand, I bring with me some bottles, good bottles, that I open gradually during my staying, together with some food specialty that I like particularly.

Anything to be condemned ?

1 hour ago, federicoP said:

Unfortunately it is not allowed to keep wine bottles in the cary on luggage, but I will be able to keep inside some good parmesan cheese ????

What happened to the 50ml liquid limit to carry on baggage? Or would it be bought on the International side of the departing airport?

4 hours ago, federicoP said:

Unfortunately it is not allowed to keep wine bottles in the cary on luggage, but I will be able to keep inside some good parmesan cheese ????

Once in departure lounge there are duty free shops. They sell alcohol. You can buy up to one litre and bring into Thailand. Many reports ASQ are not checking luggage at hotel.

5 hours ago, federicoP said:

Not at all, I am not so alcoholic, and I do not need to drown my quarantine sorrows in a bottle of wine .  

I would be happy to give all my bottles to the hotel to keep them while I am in quarantine.

You know, the Champagne bought in Thailand is madly expensive and often badly preserved.

Usually, when I come back to Thailand, I bring with me some bottles, good bottles, that I open gradually during my staying, together with some food specialty that I like particularly.

Anything to be condemned ?

I'm sure ASQ hotel would look after any alcohol you've bought until you're realesed.

You have their contact details, why not ask?

At lot could be said about that. I think it's unreasonable that they don't allow reasonable quantities of alcohol to be ordered while in quarantine at an ASQ hotel.

Besides keeping the prisoners happy, it would also be a nice little earner for the hotels!

On 11/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, federicoP said:

I do not understand if, when arriving in Thailandia and going to be quarantined, it is absolutely prohibited to bring any kind of food and alcohol.

I would like to bring something to celebrate the end of my next house arrest.

Maybe I could also put my little treasure in a separate bag to be kept by the hotel, but I do not understand if this would be allowed.

Does anybody has experience or knowledge about the baggage checking procedure at airport and at the hotel  ?

This is my second trip to ASQ, my hotel even welcomed me to be "detained" at their hotel, so you are correctly talking about arrest / prison.

Neither times was my luggage checked. First time I brought one bottle of wine and a can of German beer, this time I bought a full bottle of gin. Plus some food. So based on my experience this is quite safe, haven't touched the gin yet, not sure I will during ASQ. It's a good "detox" moment.

You better buy something stronger than a bottle of champagne, and go celebrate the end of your prison sentence to e.g. Pattaya, with your wife or mia noi.

9 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

This is my second trip to ASQ, my hotel even welcomed me to be "detained" at their hotel, so you are correctly talking about arrest / prison.

Neither times was my luggage checked. First time I brought one bottle of wine and a can of German beer, this time I bought a full bottle of gin. Plus some food. So based on my experience this is quite safe, haven't touched the gin yet, not sure I will during ASQ. It's a good "detox" moment.

You better buy something stronger than a bottle of champagne, and go celebrate the end of your prison sentence to e.g. Pattaya, with your wife or mia noi.

Third time skip the booze and try fitting in a petite lady ! ????

On 11/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, federicoP said:

Put the bottles in your checked baggage, upon picking up the bags, open them up, and return the bottles to your carry-on bag.  Problem solved.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:10 PM, federicoP said:

In the general istructions that I have received from te ASQ hotel where I will go, they wrote, without my asking :

"Please note - The Hotel will not check your luggage on arrival"   ????????  

Very  accommodating of them. 

Archived