Tourist Visa Application Online

Since you're using the LA Consulate (from your link) I assume you're in the western half of the US.

I'll follow this thread because I'm concerned about timing - when and how to actually START. I want to book the ASQ we want to spend 2 weeks in, but worry about starting my type-O visa too early and using up too much of the 90 days.

I have no problem getting it 15 days before leaving, but want to have everything lined up ahead of time before pulling the plug on our life here in the US.

When you complete the COE application online and enter your state the embassy will forward it to the LA consulate if you are living within their area of jurisdiction.

You should do the COE application and then prepare the required documents, fee, passport and mail them to the consulate.

5 hours ago, ding said:

I'll follow this thread because I'm concerned about timing - when and how to actually START. I want to book the ASQ we want to spend 2 weeks in, but worry about starting my type-O visa too early and using up too much of the 90 days.

The non-o visa will be valid for entry for 3 months from the date of issue. The 90 days will not start until the day your enter Thailand.

sudsy, are you in the USA and want a STV?

Assuming sudsy is in America, and since his post tile says, Tourist Visa Application Online, I wonder if the current US infection rate has caused Thailand to not accept Americans in on the STV:

"Due to a high number of infection rate, the APEC card holders and the applicants who are currently in the USA and wish to obtain Special Tourist Visa (STV) do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

I will fill out the COE on-line to get the ball rolling. I'm in Northern California, so I will mail my passport with all my documents to the So Cal office?  Hate to mail my passport.

Thinking about getting a return ticket for only a month stay but staying the full three months with this Visa. This means I only have to get the covid insurance for a month correct? I have full health Insurance in the USA that covers me when traveling.  I'm considering getting a Retirement Visa once there.

The other thought is to book my return in September but that means I need covid insurance for nine months?  Sounds like it's about 3,000 baht a month.

Maybe I can get a letter from Kaiser (medical plan) saying I’m covered for covid?  Which I am but not sure they will  do that in writing.

7 hours ago, sudsy said:

I'm in Northern California, so I will mail my passport with all my documents to the So Cal office?  Hate to mail my passport.

Yes and you have not choice but do it by mail now.

If you apply for a tourist visa you only need 60 days of insurance starting on the day you enter the country. You can get it online here. https://covid19.tgia.org/ I think I would buy 90 days to give some flexibility for the date you enter the country.

7 hours ago, sudsy said:

Maybe I can get a letter from Kaiser (medical plan) saying I’m covered for covid?  Which I am but not sure they will  do that in writing.

If you could get proof that it covers covid 19 with coverage of at least $100,000 it would be accepted.

You may want to double check into the Kaiser Insurance coverage. I had kaiser up till a few years ago. I believe they reimburse you for payment for treatment while you travel internationally. They also only covered emergency and urgent care. I don't know if receiving a positive covid test and in turn billable hosp quarantine is covered under either of those areas. If that's still there coverage I don't know if it would be accepted for your COE. 

Thanks.  Yes, that's exactly how Kaiser works still.  Because they reimburse, it may be difficult to get anything from them in writing that they are covering me. 

On the Visa application it says:

Countries for which travel document is valid.

and

Local Guarantor.

What do I put on my application for these?

visa thailand means.jpg

7 hours ago, sudsy said:

and

Local Guarantor.

All countries.

Not needed or put the name of somebody you know here and in your home country.

When filling out the COE on-line, does it turn into a Visa application?  You cannot go back a fill things out later.  If you stop you have to start again.

My question is, when I start the COE on-line will I have to have my covid insurance and airline ticket too?   Or do I fill out the COE on-line get approved then finish the paperwork to get the 60 day visa.  

Do they accept the rapid Covid test? 

On 11/30/2020 at 9:51 AM, sudsy said:

Thanks.  Yes, that's exactly how Kaiser works still.  Because they reimburse, it may be difficult to get anything from them in writing that they are covering me. 

and

Local Guarantor.

What do I put on my application for these?

visa thailand means.jpg

If you go through the DC Embassy website, you can get their form which is slightly different.  Instead of "guarantor" it asks for "reference" people in US and Thailand.  When the single TR visa first added as an option, I think only the DC website had the procedures spelled out so that's the form I used.  

» VISAS (thaiembdc.org)

2 hours ago, sudsy said:

When filling out the COE on-line, does it turn into a Visa application?  You cannot go back a fill things out later.  If you stop you have to start again.

My question is, when I start the COE on-line will I have to have my covid insurance and airline ticket too?   Or do I fill out the COE on-line get approved then finish the paperwork to get the 60 day visa.  

Do they accept the rapid Covid test? 

It is a little unclear on the website, but the online application is for the Certificate of Entry (COE), not the visa.  If you already had a valid visa, you still have to do the online COE application.  The link should be labeled "Online COE Application".

You still have to send the visa application, passport, and paperwork to the Consulate.

The COE application asks for the insurance.  But on the first page it asks if you have tickets and an ASQ confirmation.  If one is missing, you click no, and it skips a page or two of that information.  That is about the only info you can skip to start the COE.

Some other info can be skipped, but if most info or uploads aren't added, it won't let you progress further.  All the red asterisks. As an example, the passport photo upload on the second page is required or you can't get to the next page.  So you could try with the information you have, and then just have to stop if you're missing some required info.

The Covid test has to be an RT-PCR test.  Some places offer results in about a day for those.  Although there is now a flood of people trying to get tested in California right now. No telling how that will play out over the next month or so.

Hey guys, should I buy my flight and quarantine before i start the online visa application?

On the site they say:

"Do you have 1. an e-ticket for one of the repatriation flights OR semi commercial flights AND 2. Booking confirmation for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)?"

Will you automatically be denied if you answer No on this question? I can get a refundable flight but i would like to wait on quarantine booking.

4 hours ago, at15 said:

Hey guys, should I buy my flight and quarantine before i start the online visa application?

On the site they say:

"Do you have 1. an e-ticket for one of the repatriation flights OR semi commercial flights AND 2. Booking confirmation for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)?"

Will you automatically be denied if you answer No on this question? I can get a refundable flight but i would like to wait on quarantine booking.

The application will not be processed, so not technically a denial.  In my case I received an email in a day saying to upload/enter both of those within 7 days or the COE application would be automatically deleted.

Please complete the application form in section 3-5, if not your application will not be considered. 
Due to the new Standard of Procedures from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in order to process your request, please upload the following document(s) using the link below (Please do NOT email us your documents)

A: air ticket with proof of payment
B: confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine

snip ....

*** If the application is not completed within 7 days, it will be deleted automatically from the database ***

I'm beginning to think the STV might be better because I can stay longer.  What are the downfalls of the STV?  With the STV or Tourist Visa can I then parley it into a Retirement O Visa once there?  

That new extension Tourist Visa, what exactly is that?  Does it mean instead of adding thirty days to my 60 day Tourist Visa I can now add 45?  

So does anybody have thoughts on and STV vs. Tourist Visa?  The one advantage I see is staying 9 months on the STV.  

3 hours ago, sudsy said:

With the STV or Tourist Visa can I then parley it into a Retirement O Visa once there?

You cannot apply for a non-o visa at immigration if you have a STV. It can be done if you have a single entry tourist visa.

The new 45 day extension is only for 30 day visa exempt entries. You can still get a 30 day day extension for a 60 day tourist visa entry.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The new 45 day extension is only for 30 day visa exempt entries.

Living in the US can I get this exempt visa? Does it mean then that I do not have to get a Visa here but just arrive in Thailand and get a stamp?  Then I can extend another 45 days once in Thailand?  

Passport holders from the following countries/territory are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 (45) days on each visit:

https://thaiembdc.org/visa-exemption-and-visa-on-arrival/

Is it 75 days or 45 only for the exempt? 

Just for info concerning U.S.A. Tourist Visa applications, my wife and I were required to submit two 2 x 2 photos, paid for airline flights, Covid-19 Policy (8,450 Baht for two months, https://covid19.tgia.org/ ), Copy of Passport and Bank Statements.  

The website indicates these were not necessary until AFTER they initially looked at the application.  Left to send in would be:  ASQ reservation and payment, declaration and Passport.  The passport application seems to be satisfied by online information application.

For info, flights booked have free date changing and the Covid insurance is cancelled if denied a visa and/or COE.  

56 days until wheels up.  ????????

6 hours ago, sudsy said:

Is it 75 days or 45 only for the exempt? 

It is a little confusing since there is different wording used dependent upon where your read it.

It is my understanding that it is a 30 day entry that can be extended for 45 days at immigration.

Archived