Birdland

birdland

Hi All!!

I am moving to Krabi next year and will live there for at least 9-10 months. I was wondering what is the prices for flat lettings? What are the standards of flats? Are there any letting agency websites for Krabi?

How much money in average would be spent on food and other nessecities...

Thanks!

Allan

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Have a teacher friend whom just got a place in Krabi town for 4000k a month for a nice BIG townhome. But he had connections with fellow teachers.

Dont know of any letting agency's.

Another friend just drove around with a Thai and looked for Let signs.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You may find the best option is to jump on a bike and look around Krabi. You can find a small or medium sized house from 2000 to 4000 along a quite road, just outside the town. I would recommend staying off main roads due to noise pollution and late bars. Many of the owners only want one month in advance and would be happy to accomodate you.

If you still want a flat or apartment, many new developments are rising and will fit your needs on arrival. Should be as above costs.

Seems a lot of farangs are settling Krabi, now the place is growing at a good rate for the expected tourist future forcasts, with good shops and restaurants.

people are very friendly in and out of the town. If your not sure stay hotel for a few days and ask local farangs for assistance on walkabout in town

Expect 20.000 - 40.000 a month if you cook your own and not drink alot.

check out sites for krabi on things to do.

be aware that most houses come with floors, walls and roof. cookers, tv etc you may need to buy. so agency may be finance choice for your time spent here.

enjoy your stay allen