Authorities probing why Thai woman with Covid-19 was not quarantined

rooster59

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

So far Thailand have been extremely lucky with the pandemic, the question is for how much longer?.. the borders or Myanmar is so pours and void of protection that a parade of a elephants can get trough and no one will care or notice where by border runners, refugees and criminals go through it everyday, so it will be not surprising if Covid is getting through with no one the wiser....

Porous?

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, why did the BP think she worked in a bar?

Quite possibly because she did, would explain what she was doing in Myanmar (and put her at high risk of getting infected there, as she did)

Does not sound like she worked at a bar in Thailand in the 2-3 days she was back here before hospitalization, though.

The people most at risk are her friends, those who shared van with her, her Uber drivers and people  who were in entertainment venues she visited.  The first 3 groups they should be able to trace, the last not so much.

People living in same condo and people who were in the same malls/stores she went to are much lower risk.

OOps, the border controls got that wrong.

In saying that having so many kilometres of land borders surrounding Thailand I am surprised that there has not been more of this.

They have done a brilliant job to date, maybe getting a bit complacent & letting their guard down a bit?

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

In saying that having so many kilometres of land borders surrounding Thailand I am surprised that there has not been more of this.

They have done a brilliant job to date, maybe getting a bit complacent & letting their guard down a bit?

Complacency. Or something fishy. 

The problem with her being made an example off, is it will cause alot of people to hide rather than go seeking treatment, and you don't want that. 

• Like 2

Bit off topic...was just in Chiang Khan near Loei. They gave a walking street night market. Both Thursday and Friday night the street was packed. At times it was difficult to move. 1,000 plus people for sure. People come from all over Thailand on tour buses. Surprisingly most not wearing masks. 

Suspect IF covid gets hold in Thailand it will be a result of an event like this. 

Just a note this night market takes place 7 days a week. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, natway09 said:

There likely has been more of this, just not detected.

The demographic that crosses the border "informally" tends to be youngish, and most cases of COVID in younger people is asymptomatic.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Several of my girlfriend's friends have crossed back over from Laos in the last few months. It costs them 6,000 baht to cross the border and be driven to Bangkok. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Several of my girlfriend's friends have crossed back over from Laos in the last few months. It costs them 6,000 baht to cross the border and be driven to Bangkok. 

Probably easier than ever now that many border control personnel have been redirected to Bangkok, in an attempt to stop students from saying mean things about authorities. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The hardest possible punishment is death.Are you suggesting she should be put to death for getting sick?Is that to deter others from getting sick?Seems to be a bit of hate going around a symptom of this virus and a lot of fear and loathing.

And what about people who my catch the disease from her action ,they may be condemned to death . She should be responsible for he action. It seems a case with her ,I'm alright jack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I venture to guess that she did what she wanted to do without caring as most of the Thai girls do. They do it their way without regard for others, nothing can come before shopping and fun.

Additionally, I believe they will find not one of her contacts tests positive as it will follow suit with all of the other track and trace cases.  It will be overshadowed by the protests and the need for security as if they let the cat out of the bag it will damage Thailands much coveted view of their own image.  She should be charged with damaging the Image of Thailand, made to wai, pay 50 baht and go become a nun.

..you can't force the poor little air-head to shave her..eye-brows off.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

She must have been fully aware that anyone coming from Myanmar, or anywhere, needs to quarantine, but she very deliberately decided that didn't apply to her and somehow evaded the little 'inconvenience'. Not unusual, as Thais very often believe that the law doesn't apply to them. She also quite deliberately put others at risk due to her own selfishness. Is endangering public safety a criminal offence in Thailand, I wonder? Certainly she needs jail time to give her the opportunity to reflect on her selfishness, and perhaps she can be put to work cleaning the drains in the street as we sometimes see prisoners doing. Just something for her to remember next time she thinks she's above the law.

Well put. Selfishness and poor choices for information are a few of the reasons that the virus is spreading. And lack of consequences for infecting others.

• Thanks 1