Thai government chief whip faces indictment over futsal courts graft

rooster59

Thai government chief whip faces indictment over futsal courts graft

D1FF67FA-375A-4487-A8ED-7C6C63764CB3.jpeg

A joint working group, of the Office of the Attorney-General (OAG) and the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), has agreed to indict government chief whip Wirat Rattanaseth on corruption charges, related to the construction of several futsal courts in Thailand’s northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

The joint panel was formed after the NACC concluded its probe in June, into allegations of corruption concerning the construction, and found that there is substance to the allegations against Wirat, and several other provincial officials, but the OAG had concerns that the investigation report by the NACC was incomplete.

The prosecutors in charge of the case have 60 days to prepare the case for submission to the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-chief-whip-faces-indictment-over-futsal-courts-graft/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-11-29

To make this more interesting is that he was a core member of the PPRP, must have had a falling out to be thrown to the wolves.  I remember when they built a Futsal court at my daughters school way back when.  Took them 2 weeks, but I watched as they l layed the material out directly over a grassy area without clearing it down to dirt and laying a base.  I asked a neighbor what he thought and he said. Not matter no one use, and he was right. Kids parked there bikes on it.

Found this interesting and maybe why he has been thrown to the wolves.

Thailand’s students will be represented, for the first time, in the Constitution Drafting Assembly (CDA), under a proposal by government whips, chief whip Wirat Rattanaseth said Monday, after a meeting of a working committee to design the structure of the assembly.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

This "government" is far more corrupt than any elected government.

You surely don't think the army hijacked the elected govt to help the poor do you? Even elected govts don't do that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I'm allergic to sport, hence my misunderstanding. If you're going to play, I bet you'll be offside.

I was always last to be picked at school for football. I remember the position I played, I always thought it was 'fullback', but found out later it was 'drawback'.

Same for me.  As a goal-keeper I was always 'thinking outside the box', but obviously that was not appreciated by my fellow team-members when I put this into practice by drinking a beer behind the goal-post to avoid being hit by a cannon-ball shot.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

No problem, it will all be put down as a misunderstanding, as nobody in government here would ever stoop so low as get involved with corruption.:cheesy:

Nothing has been decided. They are just kicking it about.

• Like 1