The week that was in Thailand news: Amazing 2020: A year when everyone’s vocabulary shot through the roof!

rooster59

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

A nervous flyer, Rooster would admit to praying on planes. Not for another dear wife but my dear life.

I share your thoughts and feelings on this topic, and your comments about children being subjected to violence reminds me of the time when awaiting a train on Phumpin station (Surathani), witnessing a woman smashing her 10 year old +- child's head into the concrete wall whilst nobody on the crowded platform and train that was stopped at the station, said a single word. I yelled at her from the train I'd just boarded but the woman just sneered at me and carried on regardless!

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There were many more of course that would have been a shoe-in for a normal year including QAnon, impeachment, Black Lives Matter or BLM, bushfires

I would have liked you to add BM2 ,  or BritManToo ,  to that list.   Another casualty  of the war on words.

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

where 80% of vehicle owners have bikes, then 100 lives could be spared annually." Have you ever read such nonsense...I'm starting to wonder if my opinion of "low" IQ people should be changed to "no" IQ people?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ponlamai said:

I share your thoughts and feelings on this topic, and your comments about children being subjected to violence reminds me of the time when awaiting a train on Phumpin station (Surathani), witnessing a woman smashing her 10 year old +- child's head into the concrete wall whilst nobody on the crowded platform and train that was stopped at the station, said a single word. I yelled at her from the train I'd just boarded but the woman just sneered at me and carried on regardless!

Some parents need to get a switch to their kids 

Austria, the village of <deleted> finally had enough of English-speaking tourists stopping for selfies and even pulling down their signage. The ancient hamlet, 350 kms east of Vienna, will be known as Fugging come January 1st. Apparently that’s an improvement.

In nearby Bavaria there are a few villages that speakers of the English language might like, e.g. Petting and Tittmoning. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, my friend you said:

Austria, the village of <deleted> finally had enough of English-speaking tourists stopping for selfies and even pulling down their signage. The ancient hamlet, 350 kms east of Vienna, will be known as Fugging come January 1st. Apparently that’s an improvement.

In nearby Bavaria there are a few villages that speakers of the English language might like, e.g. Petting and Tittmoning. ????

So, the banning of the name of this not to be named Austrian village of <deleted> very likely will boost foreign tourism to Bavaria then, I guess. ????

On 11/29/2020 at 2:18 PM, Flying Saucage said:

Thanks for that great refinement of my Sunday's breakfast today, Rooster. I devoured and enjoyed it from the first to the last word. A very entertaining piece of art today!

Why do I only get it on Wednesday?  I seem to be in a time warp on TV; news-stories are only ever 2 or 3 days old before I see them?

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why do I only get it on Wednesday?  I seem to be in a time warp on TV; news-stories are only ever 2 or 3 days old before I see them?

If you're using Google it helps to delete your browsing history every day. 

I go to settings and then run delete browsing history. Just  uncheck 'passwords' before you do it.

Or when you open Thaivisa on Thai News click on the banner not the individual reports underneath.

Edited by overherebc

On 11/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, rooster59 said:

I was anagramming King’s Castle to see how many eight letter words I could find from its 11 letters before the next song.

Slacking off early, I quashed my caginess and entered the bar, where I was directed to the seatings next to a couple of regulars in chang singlets. Before long I noticed the lankiest giantess stalking me from the stage. Her gnatlike nubbins poked impishly through the laciness of her top, and it was clear that behind the elastics of her scanties she was sporting a man's genitals. I was briefly entertained by her strange gestical movements and the slickest of sweet talkings, but her gainless efforts quickly came to nought and I was soon tackling her to the ground as I caught her stealing my wallet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

If you're using Google it helps to delete your browsing history every day. 

I go to settings and then run delete browsing history. Just  uncheck 'passwords' before you do it.

Or when you open Thaivisa on Thai News click on the banner not the individual reports underneath.

Thank you - very helpful.