Jump to content

For marriage visa ,can bank statement be done day before going to immigration?


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

as it says in the title i have my yearly marriage visa coming up ,last year did it on the day ,but can it be done the day before you visit immigration with your paperwork?

 

As other have said, yes, I do mine the day before we go, and the next day I go to the local bank where my immigration office is and withdraw 1,000 baht from the teller with my book and they give me the book back updated with the same date of my withdrawal which is the same day that I am applying for the marriage extension.

 

I photocopy every page of my bank book the day before at home and also get a local photocopying place to copy the latest withdrawal page and add that to the photocopied bank book pages from my bank book already previously copied.

 

Don't forget to get an updated Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate) as they pulled me up on that last time, as a first in 3 years so had to go to panic stations and find the Amphur in their area which we are not familiar with, that or drive an hour 20 back to ours, no thanks, made it back before closing time, just and what a load of stress that was.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most immigration offices will a accept a letter from the bank done the day before you apply. But they will want a bank book update done on the day you apply. There should be no need for a bank st

You would need to get a bank 2 or 3 months statement at the same time you get the letter and then update you bank book on the day you apply (you might need to make a deposit to get the update at some

My previous no was wrong, but this no is definitely correct.

25 minutes ago, opporna said:

Ah, so I need a letter in addition. Sorry it wasn't clear; that was my original question.

Yes you need the letter from your bank. It is mandatory.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pravda said:

No. 

 

It not something that can be definitive, offices have a certain amount of flexibility so like many other things it varies.

I did mine quite recently and they never asked to see my bankbook, only interested in the paperwork from the bank. My bank requires 2 days notice so just picked it up on the way to immigration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I did mine quite recently and they never asked to see my bankbook, only interested in the paperwork from the bank.

But best to always have your bank book with you as backup proof for the statements or copies of your bank you give them in case they do want to see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You will  definitely need the letter that confirms it is your account, more a question is whether a 12 month statement will be needed.

Also depends if you will be using the money on deposit or regular income.

Also, if you wish to use a bankbook (+ the simple letter) alone, there should not be any consolidated entries, ie a single update line replacing a span of time. (It would not confirm you never went below the 800k/400k limits at any time). Again if using income, each month's deposit of 65,000 baht+ should be visible and confirm it is a foreign deposit.

 

I will do this myself soon, and I might  be told to go and get a 12 month statement. I hope not, but will leave time before my extension expires to do it if required.

As mentioned by several, you will need a letter from your bank in addition to passbook.

 

Jacko45k is correct regarding consolidated entries (net entries). If using the 800k in the bank method, Jomtien Immigration will accept photocopies of the passbook pages showing preceding 12 months of activity - but, if any net entries, they will require bank statements from your bank for that period.

 

If using the 65k monthly income method and you do not have an Embassy letter certifying monthly income, Jomtien will require two letters from your bank. One is the usual verifying your account. The second will be one that lists all foreign deposits to your account for the previous 12 months which will need to show at least 65k deposited to the account each month to be acceptable for the extension.  If using Bangkok Bank, they will need about one week to provide the letter as they have to submit a request to their HQ in Bangkok. The first year I applied for annual retirement extension using monthly income method after the US Embassy ceased providing the monthly income affidavit, I had certified bank statements for the preceding 12 months -- not acceptable for Jomtien Immigration.  I had to obtain the bank letter listing all foreign deposits.  The following year, I had both letters from Bangkok Bank and had no problems.

Edited by soisanuk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

 

As other have said, yes, I do mine the day before we go, and the next day I go to the local bank where my immigration office is and withdraw 1,000 baht from the teller with my book and they give me the book back updated with the same date of my withdrawal which is the same day that I am applying for the marriage extension.

 

I photocopy every page of my bank book the day before at home and also get a local photocopying place to copy the latest withdrawal page and add that to the photocopied bank book pages from my bank book already previously copied.

 

Don't forget to get an updated Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate) as they pulled me up on that last time, as a first in 3 years so had to go to panic stations and find the Amphur in their area which we are not familiar with, that or drive an hour 20 back to ours, no thanks, made it back before closing time, just and what a load of stress that was.

 

 

Thank goodness our amphour is a whole 5 mins drive away 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Thank goodness our amphour is a whole 5 mins drive away 🙂

Ours is a 15 minute drive, but the immigration office is an hour 20 drive away, so pays for us to make sure everything is spot on, otherwise we would have to drive back if we couldn't get what we needed there, that said, haven't really had an issue, except once, no house photos, didn't know they needed them every year, no pompen said the IO, join me on LINE and send to me and I will print off and send with application for 500 baht donation to our Christmas/New Year part fund....lol

 

Wife wanted to drive back an hour 20, and of course I said honey your maths isn't that good and never has been, and hour 20 back has to be multiplied by 2 more time, i.e. we will head back anyway so we won't count that one, but coming back again and then going back again for photos will waste us 2 hours and 40 minutes, plus fuel, so that donation will save us a lot of hassle, up to you she said and the deal was done, principals here have to be looked at in a totally different way, I mean 500 baht wasn't going to make or break me, so the moral of the story is if you live far from the immigration office check your check list twice and cross your t's and dot your eyes, and make sure that the wife doesn't bring along the baseball bat 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ours is a 15 minute drive, but the immigration office is an hour 20 drive away, so pays for us to make sure everything is spot on, otherwise we would have to drive back if we couldn't get what we needed there, that said, haven't really had an issue, except once, no house photos, didn't know they needed them every year, no pompen said the IO, join me on LINE and send to me and I will print off and send with application for 500 baht donation to our Christmas/New Year part fund....lol

 

Wife wanted to drive back an hour 20, and of course I said honey your maths isn't that good and never has been, and hour 20 back has to be multiplied by 2 more time, i.e. we will head back anyway so we won't count that one, but coming back again and then going back again for photos will waste us 2 hours and 40 minutes, plus fuel, so that donation will save us a lot of hassle, up to you she said and the deal was done, principals here have to be looked at in a totally different way, I mean 500 baht wasn't going to make or break me, so the moral of the story is if you live far from the immigration office check your check list twice and cross your t's and dot your eyes, and make sure that the wife doesn't bring along the baseball bat 🙂

 

To be honest i leave all the talking to the wife ,her family and her were businesspeople when i met her ,so she is quite good at dealing with authority , mind you i still do all the paperwork ,

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, CharlieH said:

Bank statements are generally older, book update is "right now" as at time of update.

Some offices even ask for a withdrawal ATM slip on the day to show the actual balance on that day.

I don't understand why they won't accept a printed online statement, are they worried about forgeries?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

To be honest i leave all the talking to the wife ,her family and her were businesspeople when i met her ,so she is quite good at dealing with authority , mind you i still do all the paperwork ,

Mine does all the paperwork and talking, I do the negotiating....especially when it saves us time travel.....lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Farang99 said:

Yes. I have just done mine at Phuket, no quibble about the date at all.

Trat No. And to update your book you must make a transaction ie you can deposit or withdraw a small amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Thank goodness our amphour is a whole 5 mins drive away 🙂

I presume you mean I.O. Lucky you those living on Koh Chang have 2 choices a. get a very early ferry drive into Trat city and go to the bank there, with the low season ferry times 1 per hour, 40min to mainland, drive to TRAT 30min passing the I.O. 10min from ferry on the way. Or b. go to your bank on the island and arrive at I.O.  bang on lunch time.    I did politely point out to them about the ferry but they wouldn't listen and just told me to use the bank in trat.

Edited by brianthainess
Link to post
Share on other sites

My local IO (PT) requires all 3.

Updated bankbook on the day.

Photocopy of 2 or 3 months of bankbook pages.

Bank statements for 3 months #

Bank letter #

 

# these were a day or so old, done instantly on the spot (even though not the original branch of the account) and cost around B120.

 

Suggest you make photocopies of these as one time the "check in" girl lost a few pieces between arriving and seeing the actual officer.

 

But the bank letter you hand in (at least at PT IO) should be the original. The "case" officer actually ran her finger over the bank's signature to feel that it was original and not a photocopy !!

Edited by orchidfan
word correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But best to always have your bank book with you as backup proof for the statements or copies of your bank you give them in case they do want to see it.

May well be the case, but it is of little use if consolidated entries and doing income.

The OP was a bit vague.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bank statement going back 2 months minimum and 800,000 (not marriage O if that makes a difference). Also, letter from bank saying something. They know. Bankbook update within last 7 days. Copy of every page in passport. Copy of bankbook, including front and back covers for some reason. Copy of entry little white paper when arrived at airport. Pictures x2. 1900 Baht. 3 forms they give you to fill out. One is your first T47. Two HAND DRAWN maps from Immigration to my home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...