For marriage visa ,can bank statement be done day before going to immigration?

I've just got my 12 month statement from Bangkok bank after waiting the 1 week to produce it and they had mislaid 3 months... Perhaps the parchment wasn't dry enough to send out. Why in this day and age your local branch can't just press print on their computer ....

13 hours ago, geworthomd said:

Bank statement going back 2 months minimum and 800,000 (not marriage O if that makes a difference). Also, letter from bank saying something. They know. Bankbook update within last 7 days. Copy of every page in passport. Copy of bankbook, including front and back covers for some reason. Copy of entry little white paper when arrived at airport. Pictures x2. 1900 Baht. 3 forms they give you to fill out. One is your first T47. Two HAND DRAWN maps from Immigration to my home. 

It helps if you state which Immigration Office you are referring to (using for your extension) that has these requirements.  Each Immigration Office is a realm unto itself in Thailand. What one requires, another may not. For example, at Jomtien (Pattaya), bankbook should be updated the day before application and show a transaction on the day. The bank letter verifying the account should be dated on the day or the day before if going in early. They also usually require only one copy of forms and one photo.  For marriage, they also have other requirements besides the hand drawn map.

Always seems to be at the whim of the I/O dealing with you.  I have had I/O send me back to the bank to get pass-book update at that moment, during application.  Difficult as K-Thai system will not update a bank-book if there is no change from previous update.  So put in/take out 100B after the last update.  

Sometimes it appears to be that I/O takes delight in asking for as many different things as they can think of...

No point in questioning their logic.  They hold all the cards, so you have to grit your teeth and do as they ask..  Banks seem to understand this, and will co-operate, despite their time being wasted.

As the saying goes TIT.  What else have I/O to do except play with their phones?

On 11/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, ivor bigun said:

as it says in the title i have my yearly marriage visa coming up ,last year did it on the day ,but can it be done the day before you visit immigration with your paperwork?

You don’t have a yearly visa, but an extension of stay.

the answer depends on the office you use. In Udon’s immigration the update to the book and bank letter has to be the day of application.

Other offices have different policies, so no answer will be universally correct, but the absolutely safe answer is get bank documents the same day you apply.

Archived