90 days online not working. App says I've overstayed

I have been unable to do my 90 day report online. Can input the first page of data, but then get a message telling me to go to the office. I tried downloading the app to see if it would work, but as soon as I logged in it told me I had overstayed by 58 days. This is obviously wrong. This is the first report I've had to do on the new extension. How is it possible that my new extension doesn't seem to be on the system???? I will have to make a trip to the office tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this?

On 11/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, Guffman said:

I have been unable to do my 90 day report online. Can input the first page of data, but then get a message telling me to go to the office. I tried downloading the app to see if it would work, but as soon as I logged in it told me I had overstayed by 58 days. This is obviously wrong. This is the first report I've had to do on the new extension. How is it possible that my new extension doesn't seem to be on the system???? I will have to make a trip to the office tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this?

When doing the report online , they ask you for the validity dates of your visa .

So , I filled that in and got an ' overstay 'message , just as you .

They say ' Visa ' but mean your latest extension dates .

I corrected this and everything went smooth without problems .

43 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

When doing the report online , they ask you for the validity dates of your visa .

Page one of the online report does not ask for validity dates. It only asks for you last entry to the country. Page 2 asks for the validity date.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
15 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Page one of the online report does not ask for validity dates. It only asks for you last entry to the country. Page 2 asks for the validity date.

@nobodysfriend when you say you corrected the date on the app......did you enter extension issue date and allowed to stay date?

I tried to use the app for my last report but as the app asks for Visa validity dates, that put me off using it. Seemed like a recipe for disaster with conflicting info and the chance of seeing an 1100 day overstay......well nuff said; even if it would've wrong.

On 11/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, ubonjoe said:

It seems they updated the system earlier this year and it is checking your previous online report records that has your permit to stay on it.

Can you point to any threads detaling this "update"?

How does it "check previous online reports" if you've never filed one? Or if you only filed on an old passport?

Specifically, what data does "it" use to check your validity to use the OL system? Passport no.? TM6 no.? Name? Those are about the only unique details on page 1.

Seems like more and more people are experiencing this problem, based on reports here and on FB groups.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you point to any threads detaling this "update"?

No detail only reports of it happening to them. I did a topic about it when I was able to do my first report online after over 5 years of trying since I had a very old entry and a new passport since then. See: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1188378-successful-online-90-day-report-with-old-entry-to-the-country-and-a-new-passport/

How does it "check previous online reports" if you've never filed one? Or if you only filed on an old passport?

If you have never filed one or it cannot find your record due to using a new passport it appears to default to letting you go on to page 2 to enter your info to let your local office to decide about the approval after they receive it.

I got instant approval of mine and it says auto at the end of the of info under the barcode on the receipt.

I assume they would send a email if it was not approved. I checked my email for a while and that included the spam folder in case it thought it was spam.

Specifically, what data does "it" use to check your validity to use the OL system? Passport no.? TM6 no.? Name? Those are about the only unique details on page 1.

As I wrote above it appears if it does not find any record it it defaults to page 2 now. I was so shocked when it went to page 2 I just sat there for moment before I decided to complete it since I was about 2 weeks early for my report.

When I went to the office they did the report in about one minute. I asked what the problem was with online as I couldn't do it there anymore. Just got a blank look and a "don't know" Service with a smile as usual. It beggars belief that their online system isn't kept up to date, or is totally dysfunctional.

So if you have not worked it out yet using any Thai Immigration online app is a "crapshoot".

Some of us are lucky and some are not so lucky.

Don't try to make any sense of the inconsistent outcome of a failed online report because it defies logic 99% of the time.

If you're one of the lucky ones God bless but if not the Devil is in the jibber... jibber details of failed online reporting.

In person reporting is the dreaded end game to get your reports approved that fail online.

And BTW don't waste your time and energies asking any Thai Imm processing officer about your online issue. 

It's above their pay grade!

6 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

@nobodysfriend when you say you corrected the date on the app......did you enter extension issue date and allowed to stay date?

I tried to use the app for my last report but as the app asks for Visa validity dates, that put me off using it. Seemed like a recipe for disaster with conflicting info and the chance of seeing an 1100 day overstay......well nuff said; even if it would've wrong.

Yes , just enter the latest extension dates instead of the dates on your original visa . That should be ok .

On 12/1/2020 at 1:38 PM, berrec said:

So if you have not worked it out yet using any Thai Immigration online app is a "crapshoot".

Some of us are lucky and some are not so lucky.

There are 2 distinctly different things.

There is the online form (it isn’t an app)
There are the apps for Apple and android, so far I’ve had almost no problem with the online form and no luck with the iOS app. 

The main tip is do not enter data into any field that is not compulsory. 

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

And yet I just read a post claiming that because he left some fields blank, the system rejected his form. My tip is when doing the address, use the drop down menus, which only become available when you enter the upper hierarchy. (IE Selecting Chon Buri , gives the drop down including Banglamung,   Bang Bueng , Si Racha etc)

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Only for page one.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yet I just read a post claiming that because he left some fields blank, the system rejected his form. My tip is when doing the address, use the drop down menus, which only become available when you enter the upper hierarchy. (IE Selecting Chon Buri , gives the drop down including Banglamung,   Bang Bueng , Si Racha etc)

That is for page 2 of of the application. You select the province, then district, subdistrict and then enter your house number and etc.

I just tried the online reporting on my PC and couldn't get past the first page. I got the "contact your local office" message.

Ok so I downloaded the app and tried. 

When I logged in I got the message that I have an overstay of 64 days!

Does that mean I have to go to Don Mueang now? It is too late to do the postal application.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:38 PM, berrec said:

Normally I'd question the "luck" element.

Clearly there is some massive flaw which was introduced, probably during an update to address things like the new passport issue, which restricts the system(s) ability to check one's validity to use the system.

Just yesterday there must have been ~ seven unique posts about this problem on a FB forum.

Sometimes the first report after an extension of stay is rejected. But in those posts, one person said he and his wife did extensions resently on the same day, and for the next 90 day report he failed to pass page 1, while she was able to successfully complete the application.

If anyone has a contact at Imm, esp the IT side, feel free to share it or report the issue. I did send a note to the mobile app developer, but haven't heard back.

3 minutes ago, petedk said:

Does that mean I have to go to Don Mueang now? It is too late to do the postal application.

What is your Next Report Date?

You could try the mail in option, seems like they might accept apps ~ 7 days prior, but will advise you that in the future you should mail it so it arrives 14/15 days prior. In my case they held the application, processed it on my report date and returned the slip. Total elapsed time was ~21 days.

In person reporting is done at the Muang Thong Thani office, you can make an appointment, but it is not required.

Just now, mtls2005 said:

What is your Next Report Date?

You could try the mail in option, seems like they might accept apps ~ 7 days prior, but will advise you that in the future you should mail it so it arrives 14/15 days prior. In my case they held the application, processed it on my report date and returned the slip. Total elapsed time was ~21 days.

In person reporting is done at the Muang Thong Thani office, you can make an appointment, but it is not required.

16 December.

Actually I have always used the mail option, but so  many people convinced me to do the online reporting. It has worked fine the last 2 times.

That is the problem with the online report. Once you wait for the 14 days before report date, it is too late to do the postal reporting.

23 minutes ago, petedk said:

I just tried the online reporting on my PC and couldn't get past the first page. I got the "contact your local office" message.

Ok so I downloaded the app and tried. 

When I logged in I got the message that I have an overstay of 64 days!

The not being able to get past page 1 has a couple of common meanings 

1) you are outside the reporting window.

2) some data you entered does not match information in the database for the compulsory fields unless there is a perfect match you will get the “contact your local office” message. I have to enter incorrect information into page 1 each time.

You can try page 1 as many times as you want, changing the information slightly.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Always use the drop down menus if available & once you get to page 2 few people get a rejection 

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The not being able to get past page 1 has a couple of common meanings 

1) you are outside the reporting window.

2) some data you entered does not match information in the database for the compulsory fields unless there is a perfect match you will get the “contact your local office” message. I have to enter incorrect information into page 1 each time.

You can try page 1 as many times as you want, changing the information slightly.

Yes I have done that.  I have tried the pull down menus . Adjusted the data in several fields.

I am in the window. The due dat is Dec 16.

3 minutes ago, petedk said:

Yes I have done that.  I have tried the pull down menus . Adjusted the data in several fields.

As mentioned earlier don’t add data to any non compulsory field in page 1. And as mentioned I have to use incorrect data on page 1.

You have 2 weeks before you must go to the office.

19 minutes ago, petedk said:

Have you applied for an extension of stay since your previous online report. There have been reports of that causing it not work since they changed the system earlier this year.

41 minutes ago, petedk said:

That is the problem with the online report. Once you wait for the 14 days before report date, it is too late to do the postal reporting.

Agreed.

I try the first day, with a mail-in package prepared. If fail, run to the post office.

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You have 2 weeks before you must go to the office.

Pretty sure you can file in person up to seven (7) days AFTER your next report date without penalty?

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As mentioned earlier don’t add data to any non compulsory field in page 1.

Given Name and Middle Name not denoted (red asterisk) as compulsory. While I did successfully complete ~ 8 online filings with just my last name and given (first) name, I did get dinged on one filing (REJECTED) for not filling in the middle name section. Added it and was subsequently approved.

Other than those two, just the Flight Number remains as "non-compulsory".

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed.

I try the first day, with a mail-in package prepared. If fail, run to the post office.

Pretty sure you can file in person up to seven (7) days AFTER your next report date without penalty?

Given Name and Middle Name not denoted (red asterisk) as compulsory. While I did successfully complete ~ 8 online filings with just my last name and given (first) name, I did get dinged on one filing (REJECTED) for not filling in the middle name section. Added it and was subsequently approved.

Other than those two, just the Flight Number remains as "non-compulsory".

I tried to leave the non-compulsory fields blank.

On the PC I get the "Contact Local Office"

On the app I get "wrong TM8 (is it TM - Arrival/departure Card)

I extended my visa after I did the last 90 day report. It must be something to do with that.

I can see the last 2 reports online.

Actually, it would be a fantastic idea if we could just scan the bar code that is on the receipt of notification. I am sure some developer could do that. Oh never mind. Just wishful thinking.

Archived