90 days online not working. App says I've overstayed

I now see that I have to make an appointment.

What should have taken 5 minutes has now taken a couple of hours today and I don't know how many hours when I go.

I see in another thread that the government wants to introduce an electronic ID card. God help us!

52 minutes ago, petedk said:

I now see that I have to make an appointment.

I don't think you HAVE to make an appointment?

I did, recently, but when I went no one was checking appointments and there were no customers in the 90-day area.

If I have to return again I will make an appointment, just in case.

I used GrabCar Premium, easy ride, and then asked the driver if he wanted to wait for me and take me back at the same rate. Easy and comfortable, 5 minutes to file my report.

I'm hoping I can get back to being able to do OL reporting. If not, I'll prepare a mail-in package for use after trying on day -14.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I just spoke to immigration and they know of the problem.

Did they share any details? Especially on a date for a fix?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I did, recently, but when I went no one was checking appointments and there were no customers in the 90-day area.

I used GrabCar Premium, easy ride, and then asked the driver if he wanted to wait for me and take me back at the same rate. Easy and comfortable, 5 minutes to file my report.

I'm hoping I can get back to being able to do OL reporting. If not, I'll prepare a mail-in package for use after trying on day -14.

No. I talked to someone in the "help desk" or whatever it is called.

So he couldn't give me any details about a fix.

He wasn't too helpful. I asked for the address of the immigration at Muaeng Thong Thani but he didn't know.

I guess we have 90 days to the next report, but I think I'll go back to mail. I have done that for 4 or 5 years (maybe more) and never had any problems.

16 hours ago, petedk said:

immigration at Muaeng Thong Thani

GMaps: 13.919006894399685, 100.54944966538218

Entrance is on the north/northeast side/corner. 90-day is on the second floor, or it was a few weeks ago. 

Loads of posts here if you need more detail, just search. Quite a few Youtube videos as well.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, mtls2005 said:

Ok, so I went to do my 90 day report today and the first thing I did was to show him the screen print of my "overstay".

He said I had to pay x thousand Baht (I didn't catch the exact figure.), so I smiled and showed him the stamp in my passport. He laughed and looked at the screen, typed in a little data and said "Finished".

I asked if he fixed the problem and he replied that he couldn't do that. I then asked about next time and he simply said something about "try and if it doesn't just come here again." He was very friendly and we laughed about it.

The whole process took less than 2 minutes.

Oh there were many many people there waiting.

As for just turning up -  I was in and out in less than 10 minutes, which is by far the shortest time ever spent at immigration, so my advice to anyone is "Make an appointment online".

I will certainly be keeping my eye on the postings in this forum to see if the problem is solved.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:39 AM, petedk said:

Well, I just spoke to immigration and they know of the problem. It is a mistake in the system, but I still have to go to Mueang Thong Thani to sort it out.

Bloody 1000 Baht taxi fee!????

Is it even worth the hassle? The fine is 2000 Baht as I understand it should you ever encounter it.

20 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Is it even worth the hassle? The fine is 2000 Baht as I understand it should you ever encounter it.

I can see your point and a few years ago I thought the same as you. I didn't report for nearly a year and when I left Thailand I did my re-entry visa at the airport and they didn't say anything about the 90 day report.

The only reason I went this time was the fact that the app said I had an overstay and I know only too well that was wrong. I would hate to be stopped by the police and they get the same message, so i thought it was better to sort it out. Even now I don't know if it has been rectified as that particular officer said he couldn't do anything.

Archived