Visa non-O retirement with re-entry permit already in possession

Hi,

I need help for my returning to Thailand in January 2021. I left Thailand last October 2020 with my multiple re-entry permit for my retirement visa non-O expired in July 2021. I also have my covid-19 hotel booking for 14 day-quarantine in Bangkok and a covid-19 insurance for $100,000. Do I need anything else besides these requirements? Please any one can help for this matter. Your response is highly appreciated.

Paul.

You need an airline booking then get a COE from the relevant Thai Embassy or consulate (many have a link that takes you to a central site for applications)

And then you will need proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of departure to get on the flight

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You need an airline booking then get a COE from the relevant Thai Embassy or consulate (many have a link that takes you to a central site for applications)

And then you will need proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of departure to get on the flight

Plus a fit to fly certificate, also issued within these 72 hours.

You need to start the CoE process at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
An easy and pretty quick two-step procedure.

Prepare for COE. Each person has to apply.  First phase. Passport photo page, original Visa page (sticker), extended visa ( re-entry or multiple entry), health insurance stating cover Covid up to $100.000. Second phase ticket and ASQ booking and payment. Before within 72 hours of arrival in Bangkok fit to fly and neg Covid TR-PCR test. Also prepare health certificate from Airline and T8 form. Good luck. 

I am very confused to return to Bangkok with my non-O retirement visa and my re-entry permit is valid until July, 2021. I returned to California to to visit my family last October, 2020. Before I try to apply the COE online with the Thai consulate in Los Angeles, I call up my service man who used to take care of my renewal visa every year and he said he already checked with the officer of the immigration in Bangkok and he said the officer told me since I already had my valid visa, re-entry permit, confirmation of return air ticket, negative test covid-19 TR-PCR test (Fit-to-Fly), covid-19 insurance for up to $100,000 and a booking ASQ booking with proof of payment.That's all I need to fly back to Bangkok without doing anything else and I don't need to apply for COE. I don't know who I need to listen to. Also, since my Non-O visa  retirement and my re-entry permit are on my French passport. I have dual citizenship American and French. I always travelled with my 2 passports (French and American) without any problems. However, on the COE application of the Thai consulate online where it said I need to prove residency USA such as a green card number must be provided in order to be eligible to receive the certificate of Entry from the consulate. Otherwise I need to go back to France and apply COE online with the Thai consulate online in France.  In the case of my situation as a dual citizenship,  I am also an American so what I need to do for filling out this questionnaire as proof of residence in US correctly. Please anyone can help with my situation. I really appreciate your assistance. 

Curie.

6 minutes ago, Curie Duprat said:

Also, since my Non-O visa  retirement and my re-entry permit are on my French passport. I have dual citizenship American and French.

You have to have a certificate of entry to enter the country. You were given some incorrect information. You also will need a fit to fly certificate.

From what I have read on the embassy website in the US it appears the proof of residence in the US is only needed to apply for a visa. I suggest you try doing the application for the certificate of entry here. 

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/.

After completing the application the embassy will either process it if you are within their area of responsibility or to the consulate that is for the state you enter on the application.

Or you could try contacting them.

I am very confused to return to Bangkok with my non-O retirement visa and my re-entry permit is valid until July, 2021. I returned to California to to visit my family last October, 2020. Before I try to apply the COE online with the Thai consulate in Los Angeles, I call up my service man who used to take care of my renewal visa every year and he said he already checked with the officer of the immigration in Bangkok and he said the officer told me since I already had my valid visa, re-entry permit, confirmation of return air ticket, negative test covid-19 TR-PCR test (Fit-to-Fly), covid-19 insurance for up to $100,000 and a booking ASQ booking with proof of payment.That's all I need to fly back to Bangkok without doing anything else and I don't need to apply for COE. I don't know who I need to listen to. Also, since my Non-O visa  retirement and my re-entry permit are on my French passport. I have dual citizenship American and French. I always travelled with my 2 passports (French and American) without any problems. However, on the COE application of the Thai consulate online where it said I need to prove residency USA such as a green card number must be provided in order to be eligible to receive the certificate of Entry from the consulate. Otherwise I need to go back to France and apply COE online with the Thai consulate online in France.  In the case of my situation as a dual citizenship,  I am also an American so what I need to do for filling out this questionnaire as proof of residence in US correctly. Please anyone can help with my situation. I really appreciate your assistance. 

Curie.

Thank you very much Ubonjoe for providing me useful information. I will move on applying for COE online, according to your given instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

Could somebody expand on this thread a bit?   I hold a Non-O retirement visa and need to return to the USA for a brief visit (only several days) next month. During Pre-COVID, all I needed to do was get a re-entry permit (TM-8) before leaving.  After reading this thread, I'm a little confused on whether this is now workable:

I understand the requirements for COvid Insurance, state approved quarantine booking, fit-to-fly & Covid test to board the return flight.

My question specifically is whether or not I can get a re-entry permit (TM-8) here in Thailand before leaving, or would I need to apply for a "COA" from a Thai Embassy in the US before attempting to return to the Kingdom?  The latter option sounds like a "can of worms" that could seriously delay or even prevent my return so I'm concerned about that.

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

My question specifically is whether or not I can get a re-entry permit (TM-8) here in Thailand before leaving, or would I need to apply for a "COA" from a Thai Embassy in the US before attempting to return to the Kingdom?  The latter option sounds like a "can of worms" that could seriously delay or even prevent my return so I'm concerned about that.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay (it is not a visa) valid and a certificate of entry (COE) to enter the country plus covid 19 insurance.

If on a extension of stay based upon retirement you will also need medical insurance covering 40k baht out patent and 400k baht in patient care. 

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay (it is not a visa) valid and a certificate of entry (COE) to enter the country plus covid 19 insurance.

If on a extension of stay based upon retirement you will also need medical insurance covering 40k baht out patent and 400k baht in patient care. 

Thanks @ubonjoe.  I found this FAQ on getting a COA (https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/coe-thailand) which was pretty descriptive on requirements and procedures, but the one thing I'm still not sure of is whether or not I can do this before I leave Thailand bound for the US?  I just want to be sure I don't get stuck in the US trying to apply for a COA there and then run into problems that might prevent my return.

34 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Thanks @ubonjoe.  I found this FAQ on getting a COA (https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/coe-thailand) which was pretty descriptive on requirements and procedures, but the one thing I'm still not sure of is whether or not I can do this before I leave Thailand bound for the US?  I just want to be sure I don't get stuck in the US trying to apply for a COA there and then run into problems that might prevent my return.

That is not a official website and it is also out of date. From the bottom of that page " This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy".

A lot depends upon which embassy you are applying for the COE. What country will you be going to? The embassy and official consulates websites normally have lot of info about what is required dependent upon visa type.

You could start the process before leaving the country online. Look at this website for info. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

All embassies and official consulates are using that website but the USA at this time.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not a official website and it is also out of date. From the bottom of that page " This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy".

A lot depends upon which embassy you are applying for the COE. What country will you be going to? The embassy and official consulates websites normally have lot of info about what is required dependent upon visa type.

You could start the process before leaving the country online. Look at this website for info. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

All embassies and official consulates are using that website but the USA at this time.

Thanks for pointing me  to the correct COA website.  Still a little confused though:  1) My destination & passport are US, so can I use this site?  2) Can I actually get the COA while here in Thailand, without the need to interact with a Thai Embassy in the US...in other words, before my outbound trip to the US?

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Thanks for pointing me  to the correct COA website.  Still a little confused though:  1) My destination & passport are US, so can I use this site?  2) Can I actually get the COA while here in Thailand, without the need to interact with a Thai Embassy in the US...in other words, before my outbound trip to the US?

It is a COE not a COA.

The US has their own website at this time for the COE. https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

You also need to look at this page on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Are you aware of all the requirements to enter the county and that includes the 14 day quarantine.

I doubt you will able to get everything done before leaving here.

Archived