MTT Immigration CHANGE effective Nov 30th

For those applying starting November 30th, Immigration has moved the Counter K to the 4th floor of the same building that has been handling all of the other things at MTT.

As Counter K has been the most crowded of the counters, it may take more time to get into the building to handle 90 day reports, Tourist Visa Extensions (J Counter) and TM30 reporting.

Note that the bar code on this graphic from Immigration DOES point to the CORRECT building.

175432575_MTTImmigration.thumb.jpg.69a563d4732f5643a313c8fd55f2a8e9.jpg

Thanks for posting this!

The bar code actually points to an area that's just the left (West I believe) of the building that the visa processing has been done at MTT. Same general location, but in a different building, according to a very exact interpretation of the spot on Good Maps that this bar code points to. I'm going to assume it's in the same building it's been in these past few months, just now on the 4th floor. (I'm vising this morning.)

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please post back a report of your experience would be helpful. 

I'm reading further here and it seems Counter K HAS moved to the other building now. So I will check that first, then if no luck will return to that first building where it has been handled for the past few months. I'll update this afternoon.

4 hours ago, allencraig said:

Thanks for posting this!

The bar code actually points to an area that's just the left (West I believe) of the building that the visa processing has been done at MTT. Same general location, but in a different building, according to a very exact interpretation of the spot on Good Maps that this bar code points to. I'm going to assume it's in the same building it's been in these past few months, just now on the 4th floor. (I'm vising this morning.)

Update from MTT:

So yes, the K Counter has moved buildings, to the 4th fl. where other visa types had been processed.

HOWEVER it feels something isn't right. I received my initial number out front and went to the room designated for my number range. But I'm the only farange waiting here. At least the only non-Asian. There's even a monk filling out forms in the corner! The officials come in and only shout in Thai.

I know K Counter is for any foreigner with a TV stamp to extend, so why are there almost all only Thai waiting here? I've shown my passport to get my number and have asked a few officials in the hallways, and so I sit here waiting to have my papers looked at.

Last month I walked right into the final assessment room in the usual building's K Counter and was serviced and left in about 40 minutes total.

2 hours ago, allencraig said:

Update from MTT:

So yes, the K Counter has moved buildings, to the 4th fl. where other visa types had been processed.

HOWEVER it feels something isn't right. I received my initial number out front and went to the room designated for my number range. But I'm the only farange waiting here. At least the only non-Asian. There's even a monk filling out forms in the corner! The officials come in and only shout in Thai.

I know K Counter is for any foreigner with a TV stamp to extend, so why are there almost all only Thai waiting here? I've shown my passport to get my number and have asked a few officials in the hallways, and so I sit here waiting to have my papers looked at.

Last month I walked right into the final assessment room in the usual building's K Counter and was serviced and left in about 40 minutes total.

Definitely interested in hearing how it went.

Could it be most people have already taken care of their extensions? (Today is the last day for everyone who got extensions before the September amnesty ended. And those who got extensions through the end of December can't apply for new extensions until later this week.) 

I’m currently still in que outside the building where copy document service is located. I’m guessing I will receive a yellow card with an assigned number at a certain point in the que line. I have an appointment today for the 60 day extension, I hope I’m in the correct que line.

54 minutes ago, Tunaboi said:

I’m currently still in que outside the building where copy document service is located. I’m guessing I will receive a yellow card with an assigned number at a certain point in the que line. I have an appointment today for the 60 day extension, I hope I’m in the correct que line.

I believe you are in the correct que. 1st the yellow card then wait in proper room on 4th fl. (Rooms are labelled by number groups) then eventually they come in and check you have the right forms, then give you a plastic-coated number. Wait some more, eventually someone will come and bring grouos of 5 or so to the final application room/window. 

I got my yellow number at 11:15ish and have just paid and hooray! just now received my passport back at 4:25. Its only to Dec 14, which will go to Jan 30 they said after I return and wait another damn 5 hours again on the 14th. They said to start outside again just like today.

3 minutes ago, allencraig said:

I believe you are in the correct que. 1st the yellow card then wait in proper room on 4th fl. (Rooms are labelled by number groups) then eventually they come in and check you have the right forms, then give you a plastic-coated number. Wait some more, eventually someone will come and bring grouos of 5 or so to the final application room/window. 

I got my yellow number at 11:15ish and have just paid and hooray! just now received my passport back at 4:25. Its only to Dec 14, which will go to Jan 30 they said after I return and wait another damn 5 hours again on the 14th. They said to start outside again just like today.

Thank you sir good info. I’m still in line to for io to assign the yellow que card. The line has not moved in the past 2 hours. Why did they change the location and and act with less efficient procedure is a mystery.  I have been in line over 4.5 hrs already and still standing. I can see the group of io just chilling around their desk l. Not sure why they stalled To assign numbers outside the last 2 hours

1 hour ago, Tunaboi said:

Thank you sir good info. I’m still in line to for io to assign the yellow que card. The line has not moved in the past 2 hours. Why did they change the location and and act with less efficient procedure is a mystery.  I have been in line over 4.5 hrs already and still standing. I can see the group of io just chilling around their desk l. Not sure why they stalled To assign numbers outside the last 2 hours

Wow, Call your family and tell them you might not make it home tonight! If it feels any better, you may not have to wait the 5 hours inside like I did because as I was leaving it definitely seemed to be less people packed in the hallways trying to figure out where to go.

My guess by watching things around me is that this move and the procedure adjustments are new to all the staff and they're still kinda feeling theiru way through things. To that end, btw, there was a bit of musical chairs going on inside the waiting rooms because they are left unattended for hours at a time. People get up to buy a drink downstairs and someone else walks in and takes the open seat in front. The document checking and switch to the plastic numbers did seemed to go numerically, BUT people were not getting called to the final application room (where you pay) by when they started waiting. So try to figure out which side they take people from and move yourself closer as seats open up.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ouch and <deleted> is all I can say.  Seems they stepped backwards instead of forwards thinking there would be less people.  I am sorry to hear of your experience.  Time for a drink when you arrive back home.

Can't see how they stepped backwards.

Anyone leaving extension till Nov 30 was imo foolish at best.

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stepping backwards in the fact they created a bottleneck it seems and downsized. However, maybe it was meant to be done as a hardship to tee off the late filers who have been playing the long game.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stepping backwards in the fact they created a bottleneck it seems and downsized. However, maybe it was meant to be done as a hardship to tee off the late filers who have been playing the long game.

Where is info re "downsized" 

They had a date limit to apply for 60 day extension. November 30.

Please who would apply on the last day. Only reason is that if the extension would be start from day of application. So obtaining new 60 day extension last week you may get small changed few days. 

I know which option I would go with.

23 hours ago, asiacurious said:

As Counter K has been the most crowded of the counters, it may take more time to get into the building to handle 90 day reports, Tourist Visa Extensions (J Counter) and TM30 reporting

Sorry. I was reading that the counters for the 90 day reports, TM 30 and such were impacted because of the number of people. With that being said, that is why I believed they had downsuzed.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sure, maybe it's wise to get a jump on an extension application given that they've announced you won't lose any days. But not everyone understood or believed that was the case. People generally believe they have until the day they have to reapply, it shouldn't be considered "foolish" to apply within the time frame that you know have to reapply

4 minutes ago, allencraig said:

Sure, maybe it's wise to get a jump on an extension application given that they've announced you won't lose any days. But not everyone understood or believed that was the case. People generally believe they have until the day they have to reapply, it shouldn't be considered "foolish" to apply within the time frame that you know have to reapply

literally took 7 hrs just to get into the waiting room from 12 noon to 7pm <deleted>.... Who’s the genius who decided to change it up. Either have a good reasons for this bs or hope the heavens stomp yo ass in godly fashion.

The above is quote of experience on Monday for 60day extension.

Reports of same done last week was basically in and out.

I consider going on final day more foolish than dumb.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

literally took 7 hrs just to get into the waiting room from 12 noon to 7pm <deleted>.... Who’s the genius who decided to change it up. Either have a good reasons for this bs or hope the heavens stomp yo ass in godly fashion.

The above is quote of experience on Monday for 60day extension.

Reports of same done last week was basically in and out.

I consider going on final day more foolish than dumb.

Did you have an appointment?

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Did you have an appointment?

Yes I had the appointment and arrived 1 hr early At 12noon and according to the fool calling people foolish presuming it was by choice to attend the last day should read my other post. Last time I extended early only to get amnesty announced and those who did labeled in a foolish way. Anyways the above isn’t important, however there were less people than I anticipated on the last day though i noticed I got my yellow number Outside way before some people in the back yet I was among the last to be called in the waiting room. Also I overheard io was selective of who gets the pink cards and who gets the yellow. If I had just arrived at 8-pm instead of trying to show up early my time spent would have been fine as i would only have invested 3 hours which is a breeze compared to 11 hours spent at immigration.

18 hours ago, allencraig said:

Wow, Call your family and tell them you might not make it home tonight! If it feels any better, you may not have to wait the 5 hours inside like I did because as I was leaving it definitely seemed to be less people packed in the hallways trying to figure out where to go.

My guess by watching things around me is that this move and the procedure adjustments are new to all the staff and they're still kinda feeling theiru way through things. To that end, btw, there was a bit of musical chairs going on inside the waiting rooms because they are left unattended for hours at a time. People get up to buy a drink downstairs and someone else walks in and takes the open seat in front. The document checking and switch to the plastic numbers did seemed to go numerically, BUT people were not getting called to the final application room (where you pay) by when they started waiting. So try to figure out which side they take people from and move yourself closer as seats open up.

Yes I told them I may not make it back until midnight last night. I want to add this new retarded procedure they decided would get so much heat during the pandemic. 

Archived