Guidelines issued for people who had contact with Chiang Mai Covid-19 patient

Guidelines issued for people who had contact with Chiang Mai Covid-19 patient

By The Nation

800_0b866cda32a5927.jpeg?v=1606646779

Everyone who had been in contact with a Covid-19 positive woman in Chiang Mai has been advised to self-quarantine for 14 days.

The Chiang Mai Provincial Communicable Disease Committee said that those who experience abnormal symptoms during quarantine must urgently see a doctor and request a test for Covid-19. Those without symptoms can seek an appointment on December 1.

The Chiang Mai committee said on Sunday that the Thai woman aged 29 had travelled from Myanmar to Thailand and from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai when she was ill and also had a history of going to many places in Chiang Mai. More than 300 people had been in close contact with her of whom 100 were at high risk.

All close contacts who are at high risk without symptoms must be quarantined. If they are unable to be confined at home, the Chiang Mai Provincial Communicable Disease Committee has established a quarantine facility for high-risk close contacts.

All contact persons must observe abnormal symptoms closely. If there are abnormal symptoms, they will be re-tested and quarantined in the hospital. For home quarantine contacts, the village health volunteer will coordinate, supervise and assess until 14 days after contact with the patient.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398770

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-30

• Like 2
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another reason why Thailand has been so successful containing covid. A great effective system without the nonsense of other countries that have failed so dismally.    They were at the forefront

"The Chiang Mai committee said on Sunday that the Thai woman aged 29 had travelled from Myanmar to Thailand and from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai when she was ill and also had a history of going to many p

It still didn't answer the question how one could just take a bus and cross the border without any quarantine

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chiang Mai Provincial Communicable Disease Committee said that those who experience abnormal symptoms during quarantine must urgently see a doctor and request a test for Covid-19. Those without symptoms can seek an appointment on December 1.

What is ' abnormal symptoms ' ?

I thought people know about the ' normal ' symptoms of a Covid infection .

And the asymptomatic ones , who became infected without knowing it and show no symptoms at all ? They are all supposed to see the doctor on December 1 ?

There are probably a lot of people who came into contact with that Covid positive woman while she was traveling .

A lot of them will not know , even by now , that she was positive .

She should not have traveled after experiencing symptoms of a Corona infection .

But , you know ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

It still didn't answer the question how one could just take a bus and cross the border without any quarantine

??? There are no buses that cross the border. She probably hopped off and then hopped on another (or more likely shared taxi) after crossing the border on foot. I have crossed all legal (for farangs) and accessible border points between Thailand and Myanmar.

Edited by Card
  • Confused 1
32 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Also many live together with other people. Where should they go? 

You should read the whole article.

"If they are unable to be confined at home, the Chiang Mai Provincial Communicable Disease Committee has established a quarantine facility for high-risk close contacts."

14 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

So you nor anyone you know has ever gone to work with a cold or flu like symptoms??

pretty normal behavior in the cold and flu season in the USA and every country I have ever been to.

especially in the land where the government tells you there is no covid why would you worry about it.

Going to a mall, dining out with friends and seeing a movie isn't WORK in my world (smile). I can understand if she was making a living but from what I read in the previous article it was about staying at a friend's condo and haveing fun.

18 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

especially in the land where the government tells you there is no covid why would you worry about it.

You have to show me where the government has ever said that travelling from other countries is covid free.