Ban on sales and promotion of alcohol online starts December 7

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

interesting question, there is a huge difference between the words "order" and "purchase" 

when I order beers from Tesco there is no purchase until they are delivered and paid for.

I agree with another poster, change the stupid restrictions and rules

Beat me to it I was just going to say the same thing. 

It could be a way, later on, to bin this and not lose face. 

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can buy the wine i like, but carrying the cases I buy when I restock is going to be a pain in the <deleted>.  I guess if I go in, buy the amount and types I want, I can then have it shipped to the condo to restock the wine cellar refrigerator.  Unknown how to get the craft beer that is hard to find, looks like the prices may go up as those are forced to enter into an agreement with a storefront in order to sell over the counter.

Thats my main issue as well. As long as they keep delivering I don't mind going to the shop and ordering/paying. BTW if in Bangkok, wishbeer warehouse is at the bar on Suk soi 67. You can go in and browse/buy there - a potential solution if they continue to deliver.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

There is no amount of liquor, beer or wine that is safe for your overall health, according to a new global study.

The study, published in the Lancet on Friday, said alcohol was the leading risk factor for disease and premature death in men and women between the ages of 15 and 49 across the world in 2016, accounting for nearly one in 10 deaths. That same year, alcohol was associated with 2.8 million deaths.

The deaths included alcohol-related cancer, cardiovascular disease, infectious diseases, intentional injuries such as violence and self-harm, traffic collisions and unintentional injuries like drowning and fires.

Although previous studies have found that light-to-moderate drinking can reduce heart disease, the researchers said alcohol is still likely to do more harm and the safest level of drinking is none.

And your point is exactly?  Are you advocating no drinking at all, for anyone, or just pointing out the absurdity of trying to stop it? Perhaps total prohibition is the answer?  No , that didn't work and banning drugs doesn't work either. We all have to die of something my friend. Milk and cheese are just as dangerous as small amounts alcohol, or are they? Sugar is the big big killer, ban it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

And your point is exactly?  Are you advocating no drinking at all, for anyone, or just pointing out the absurdity of trying to stop it? Perhaps total prohibition is the answer?  No , that didn't work and banning drugs doesn't work either. We all have to die of something my friend. Milk and cheese are just as dangerous as small amounts alcohol, or are they? Sugar is the big big killer, ban it?

There will be nothing left to ban soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

It is unbelievable how the minds of these Dinosaurs actually function.

If you are ordering wine online what difference does the time matter if it is being delivered a day later. Or would that mean that you could not take delivery before 5 p.m.

Nearly every Mom and Pop shop sells drink at any time of the day, or on any day, regardless of the law.

This comes at a time when the economy is in free fall, unemployment is rising alarmingly, yet what do they do, introduce a law that may put certain people out of business, lose tax on sales, and add a few hundred more to the unemployment list.

Admittedly, it is probably a small percentage of people overall, but the crass archaic stupidity of these laws is mind boggling.

Dinosaurs = brain the size of a walnut. Please don't insult the intelligence of dinosaurs. DLM! image_processing20200422-21689-48h4nb.png.0cc7a0366bf5b266f214e124cdbee8fc.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

interesting question, there is a huge difference between the words "order" and "purchase" 

when I order beers from Tesco there is no purchase until they are delivered and paid for.

I agree with another poster, change the stupid restrictions and rules

Ownership transfers to the buyer only after payment

5 hours ago, Whale said:

Does this means places like wish beer and wine connection will not be able to take orders online and deliver? 

Ring ring

Hello, this is Wishbeer. How can I help you?

I'd like a case of your best Belgian and another of your finest German brew please. My credit card number is....

Thank you for your order sir, It will be with you within 24 hours.

Simples. No modern technology needed at all, taking Thailand back to the last century. Suits the dinosaurs perfectly, but a 100 per cent ineffective law.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

It is unbelievable how the minds of these Dinosaurs actually function.

If you are ordering wine online what difference does the time matter if it is being delivered a day later. Or would that mean that you could not take delivery before 5 p.m.

Nearly every Mom and Pop shop sells drink at any time of the day, or on any day, regardless of the law.

This comes at a time when the economy is in free fall, unemployment is rising alarmingly, yet what do they do, introduce a law that may put certain people out of business, lose tax on sales, and add a few hundred more to the unemployment list.

Admittedly, it is probably a small percentage of people overall, but the crass archaic stupidity of these laws is mind boggling.

Not really. All people need to do is revert to the last century and speak to someone by phone to place their order.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Don Chance said:

There is no amount of liquor, beer or wine that is safe for your overall health, according to a new global study.

The study, published in the Lancet on Friday, said alcohol was the leading risk factor for disease and premature death in men and women between the ages of 15 and 49 across the world in 2016, accounting for nearly one in 10 deaths. That same year, alcohol was associated with 2.8 million deaths.

The deaths included alcohol-related cancer, cardiovascular disease, infectious diseases, intentional injuries such as violence and self-harm, traffic collisions and unintentional injuries like drowning and fires.

Although previous studies have found that light-to-moderate drinking can reduce heart disease, the researchers said alcohol is still likely to do more harm and the safest level of drinking is none.

Ex drinker by any chance?

There are studies that say virtually everything is bad for you. I just read a new study saying moderate drinking was good for you and none drinkers on average died earlier than moderate drinkers....something to do with alcohol reducing stress. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What next? 

Next, I suspect the first unintended consequence of this dumb rule will be the online ordering systems that chains of stores use to place orders with their distributors.

Surely that's all illegal now?

What exactly constitutes an online order in the scope of this law? Use their dumb ill thought out regulations against them wherever possible.

12 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Still safer to drink here than drive on the roads!!! 5555????????????????????????????????

On 11/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, jak2002003 said:

Ex drinker by any chance?

There are studies that say virtually everything is bad for you. I just read a new study saying moderate drinking was good for you and none drinkers on average died earlier than moderate drinkers....something to do with alcohol reducing stress. 

There is ample evidence that eating, drinking, and breathing are addictive, and there is no cure. Once addicted, you will die if you stop any or all of them.

There is also ample evidence that all are slow poisons, and will eventually kill you.

The only question is how to manage your addictions to prolong your life and minimize the unpleasant side effects.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grusa said:

There is ample evidence that eating, drinking, and breathing are addictive, and there is no cure. Once addicted, you will die if you stop any or all of them.

There is also ample evidence that all are slow poisons, and will eventually kill you.

The only question is how to manage your addictions to prolong your life and minimize the unpleasant side effects.

Sounds similar to my reply to folks who say that "xyz" _________ (fill in the space) will kill you.

My retort: "Living kills you". 

• Like 1