Ron Howard to direct cave rescue feature film ‘Thirteen Lives’ in Australia

webfact

2 hours ago, Card said:

Bet they recruit Oz asians to play the Thais, complete with authentic Oz accents, rescuers who all appear to be Ozzies (look who is paying), especially the brave ones who do all the saving and tear jerking (as per their cricketers). They might even throw in a few product placements - feeding the starving kids with Vegemite, perhaps, great locations for future tourist attractions (the location mentioned is an old mining area and since the mines closed has been used to attract tourists with such things as the old Kuranda scenic railway). Anyway the movie has been done before and I got the T shirt. Watch out for stray wallabies.

Kuranda is 2000km from the Gold Coast hinterlands.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Card said:

Bet they recruit Oz asians to play the Thais, complete with authentic Oz accents, rescuers who all appear to be Ozzies (look who is paying), especially the brave ones who do all the saving and tear jerking (as per their cricketers). They might even throw in a few product placements - feeding the starving kids with Vegemite, perhaps, great locations for future tourist attractions (the location mentioned is an old mining area and since the mines closed has been used to attract tourists with such things as the old Kuranda scenic railway). Anyway the movie has been done before and I got the T shirt. Watch out for stray wallabies.

theres no mine workings anywhere near kuranda suitable for this movie the only place are the undara lava tubes about 270 ks away.

9 hours ago, Card said:

Hope there is no sandpaper involved!!! 5555 ????????????????????????????????????????????????

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand has plenty of experience making movies, so there is no excuse for not making it in Thailand at the real cave, even if the cave scenes are shot on set.

Shame on Howard for this slap in the face to Thailand.

I agree makes me not even want to watch... unless of course they get Elon Musk to do a cameo with his mini submarine stunt.

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1