Trump questions whether Supreme Court would hear election challenge as options dwindle

webfact

43 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:
2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

There were some suggestion on here that he would refuse to leave the White House and that the Proud boys would be outside protecting him and the building and that Antifa would have to take up arms to remove him and a civil war would break out  ????

I am a regular on Trump posts and I cannot remember a single post infering any of what you are saying here. Never seen anyone talking about 'Proud boys would be outside protecting him' nor 'Antifa would have to take up arms to remove him and a civil war would break out'.

Please either provide evidence of this or accept you are mearly putting words into the mouths of us who are less of a fan of Trump than you appear to be.

There were some suggestion same same

everyone is saying

But yeah, that's the kind of chatter on the crazy conspiracy stuff outlets.

"Well, I heard..."

https://www.wired.com/story/antifa-social-media-rumor-forks-washington/

In the paragraph that begins The officer had heard the antifa rumors and stopped to talk to one of the men

you'll get a glimpse of how they talk these things up.

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Jeez...have to spell it out...

Come on.  The following describes his rule to a T.

Especially the cult of personality.  Explains things perfectly.  A dictator.

Trump didnt suspend the elections, meaning he doesnt qualify as being a dictator 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Seems he has accepted . 

Stating he may run in 2024 shows it , if he fails to keep the job in 2021

Watch the video of his latest press conference, a few hours ago which I have just posted. Accepted? Do you live in an alternative universe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

There is the senate as well , which plays a part in decision making ,which shows your statement to be incorrect

Ummm...that's in the description.  A small clique.  Please, read the description again.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, polpott said:

Watch the video of his latest press conference, a few hours ago which I have just posted. Accepted? Do you live in an alternative universe?

Pretty much all Trump supporters live in an alternate universe.  As we can tell here on this thread.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Seems he has accepted . 

Stating he may run in 2024 shows it , if he fails to keep the job in 2021

See your own post 'if he fails to keep the job'. He is still trying, so no, he has not accepted. He may accept, but so far, no.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I heard that too, but I put it down to misinformation campaign. I doubt any one would think that was possible in the real world.

There again many of the "Walt's" (Walter Mittys) who form the majority of the right wing militias are certainly not connected to the real world. They have spent all that money on weapons and the latest "Gucci" webbing and combat kit, and may be tempted to do something more than just pose occasionally!

They wouldn't last 5 minutes, but if, in Washington on the 20th of next month, you hear some gunshots, and then a fat man in combat kit waddles down the road as fast as he can, then you will know that they have been tempted to try.

Personally, and perhaps perversely, I think it might be a good thing, as it would remove these (dangerous) clowns from the American political theatre...

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

See your own post 'if he fails to keep the job'. He is still trying, so no, he has not accepted. He may accept, but so far, no.

OK, OK , OK 

He has indicated  that he will accept the election result , if the legal cases are not upheld .

There was some suggestion that he wouldnt accept the vote if he lost , and I meant it in that respect .

He has accepted he may lose the election and will stand down, is what I meant .

Sorry for the confusion 

• Thanks 1

OK, the bickering exchange about defining a dictator has run its course, and further bickering exchanges over Trump have been removed.

I seem to remember the topic thread being:

Trump questions whether Supreme Court would hear election challenge as options dwindle

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The actual fraud is actually coming from Mr. Trump.

But that's what he always does.

Make a big stink about others as an aggressive defense tactic to deflect attention away from his own many, many, many faults.

But in this case it is not revelation.

After complaining for months that he would be cheated, it appears the Trump campaign did little — if anything — to guard against vote theft. Not only that, they were woefully unprepared to seek legal redress once Election Day passed. His bumbling legal team has been shot down by both Republican and Democratic judges with hardly a victory. One wonders: Can Rudy Giuliani even fix a parking ticket?

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/528443-choking-not-cheating-was-trumps-undoing

Edited by onthedarkside
cartoon graphic removed

A post with a non news agency social media video has been removed.

Per forum rules:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

• Like 1

Trump asked Georgia governor to persuade state legislature to overturn Biden victory in state: report

President Trump asked Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) to persuade the state’s legislature to overturn the results of the election in the state hours ahead of a campaign rally for Georgia Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R) and David Perdue (R), according to The Washington Post.

The president called Kemp on Saturday morning and reportedly pressured the governor to call a special session of the legislature to overturn the results and appoint electors who would back him, a person familiar with conversation told the Post.

Trump also asked Kemp to demand an audit of absentee ballot signatures, the Post reported, which Kemp has no power to do.

Trump asked Georgia governor to persuade state legislature to overturn Biden victory in state: report | TheHill

• Thanks 1