Public Holidays December

bbi1

It depends who you ask and whether government, school, private enterprise etc.

As far as I know  Dec 5th (Father's Day) is being moved to Dec 11th, so that we get a 4-day weekend because Thursday Dec. 10th is Constitution Day. But many businesses are still closing on Dec 5th, and some of them staying open for the long weekend.

As for New Year, again it depends on what you want or need to be open.

• Like 1

Sometime within the past couple of weeks, the Bank of Thailand has posted Fri. Dec. 11 as an additional holiday.  They continue to show Mon. Dec. 7 as a holiday.  

Given that the announcement from the Government was so well publicized, we should assume that the Dec. 7 has been removed, at least for the public sector. 

The government announcement to move Dec 5 (Dec 7 off in lieu) to Dec 11 is only for the government sectors. Most companies like mine will observe the Dec 5 holiday. Dec 10 Constitution Day will also be a national holiday. All banks are closed on Dec 5 and Dec 10. The government further announced 30th Dec as an additional New Year holiday and is again for the government sectors. However most companies will likely to close on that day for the extended NY holidays. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The government announcement to move Dec 5 (Dec 7 off in lieu) to Dec 11 is only for the government sectors. Most companies like mine will observe the Dec 5 holiday. Dec 10 Constitution Day will also be a national holiday. All banks are closed on Dec 5 and Dec 10. The government further announced 30th Dec as an additional New Year holiday and is again for the government sectors. However most companies will likely to close on that day for the extended NY holidays. 

Pretty straight forward then - lol.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, allane said:

Sometime within the past couple of weeks, the Bank of Thailand has posted Fri. Dec. 11 as an additional holiday.  They continue to show Mon. Dec. 7 as a holiday.  

Given that the announcement from the Government was so well publicized, we should assume that the Dec. 7 has been removed, at least for the public sector. 

Not sure, on my latest PEA bill it's mentioned the amount will be withdrawn from my account on 07/12, today, not happened yet, normally I get 2 withdrawals before 8am30 and the balance around 9am30 every month...   

• Confused 1

On 12/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Not sure, on my latest PEA bill it's mentioned the amount will be withdrawn from my account on 07/12, today, not happened yet, normally I get 2 withdrawals before 8am30 and the balance around 9am30 every month...   

Was this a comment on your bank, or a comment on the PEA ? Banks are private sector, the PEA is public sector.