Pattaya for sale: 90% of resort’s spa and massage businesses shutdown

webfact

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

There are posters on here who would totally refute the above story and tell you that Pattaya is rocking & everything is hunky dory ????      ????????????????

From what I saw when i visited 2 weeks ago for the weekend, Yes Pattaya is doing ok as it was rammed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Didn't you notice all the closed businesses  ?

bars ,disco's, restaurants,Mcdonalds,KFC,Burger king,massage places,Tiffany's show,bowling alleys, even many 7/11's  shut... almost everything on Second road dead.

Yeah a few Farang places closed but meh.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

massage now faces having to completely reinvent itself. 

Have to pull all the stops out then but you can't do it by tik tok so maybe it'll be a glory hole type evolution where you have stick your limb through a hole in the wall .. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, champers said:

90% closed seems like a gross exaggeration to me; 50% might be nearer the mark.

Not sure about that. I was talking to an airport "limo" driver. He said about 90 percent of the drivers are no longer working. Not the same business but I would assume definitely over 50 percent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Now, the media reported, there are genuine fears that Pattaya as a place for spa and massage now faces having to completely reinvent itself."

No tour groups anymore. What does reinvent mean? More individual soapy massages  and more happy endings? 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Have to pull all the stops out then but you can't do it by tik tok so maybe it'll be a glory hole type evolution where you have stick your limb through a hole in the wall .. 

That will add to the excitement especially if a lady boy shouts thankyou  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

Didn't you notice all the closed businesses  ?

bars ,disco's, restaurants,Mcdonalds,KFC,Burger king,massage places,Tiffany's show,bowling alleys, even many 7/11's  shut... almost everything on Second road dead.

Soi Buakhou,and some side sois,not so dead..

There will not be any tourists coming in until around July at the earliest..........

China does not want its people travelling, they want domestic tourism and have 2 billion people to vaccinate.

So let Europe get most of its people vaccinated by July 2021 and with "Covid Vaccination" passports..........and you might see some coming in when Thailand adopts acceptance to the new "Vaccination Passport" scheme where only vaccinated people can travel outside their home country.

16 hours ago, champers said:

90% closed seems like a gross exaggeration to me; 50% might be nearer the mark.

I agree. or maybe we move in similar areas. MPs might be 50% , restaurants a bit more. Also beer bars might be up there.... but that and the lack of Western tourist predates Covid. Had a massage yesterday and, yes I was their only customer of the day so far, but many places open. 

• Like 1