Pattaya for sale: 90% of resort’s spa and massage businesses shutdown

webfact

As I see all the closed businesses here.

Yup. BTW, are there any in the UK where all the Golden Egg Layers live? Has something been, like, going on?

I wonder if price point has anything to do with it?

Undoubtedly. Why's that?????

So where is the big spending segment?

You've been told that several times already. And you've been told that once already too. Enough with the pretense and repetition.

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not what I saw past high season, pre covid.  It was the quietest high season I have ever seen.  I'm sure many business owners, past and present, would agree. 

Where was the great appeal of Pattaya, except for the cheap Chinese package holiday tourists?   

Depends on which business owners you talked to. Around Soi Buakhao, probably, though every high season is the quietest high season ever. Been hearing that yearly for more than a decade.

No need to rehash the appeal of Pattaya for you and who finds it appealing. Again. ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigStar said:

are there any in the UK

Does the UK rely on tourism for 17% of their GDP?

11 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You've been told that several times already.

Been told by you they exist, but where are they hiding?  ????

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Depends on which business owners you talked to. Around Soi Buakhao, probably, though every high season is the quietest high season ever. Been hearing that yearly for more than a decade.

How about those Indians being Pattaya's "last hope?"  ????

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Depends on which business owners you talked to.

Small hotels, guest houses, gogo's, bars, restaurants, all around Central Pattaya.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Small hotels, guest houses, gogo's, bars, restaurants, all around Central Pattaya.  

We've previously discussed your limited definition of Pattaya, confined to your definition of Central Pattaya. And it's already been pointed out that, unbeknownst to you, Central Pattaya contains an 8-billion baht edifice with 300 or so businesses, far more than you've supposedly surveyed (esp in the resto category) of major appeal to domestic and international tourists. In fact, you haven't been "all around" Central Pattaya, ignoring a major driver the Pattaya economy. Still.

A few of many names have been given you, and not by me, as I couldn't be bothered. I encouraged you to waddle over there, since it's in the only part of Pattaya you recognize, on weekends, and esp. holidays, and take a look. You haven't, and choose to remain ignorant while blathering on about somtam and sangsom. No point in giving you more examples.

Meanwhile your posts contain nothing new that's very relevant or that everyone doesn't know already. So, it's just going 'round and 'again, wasting time.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

We've previously discussed your limited definition of Pattaya, confined to your definition of Central Pattaya.

Would that be the Pattaya with all the closed businesses?

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Central Pattaya contains an 8-billion baht edifice with 300 or so businesses,

What percentage are still open?

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

In fact, you haven't been "all around" Central Pattaya, ignoring a major driver the Pattaya economy.

Even the roads are quiet, so there's not many "drivers."  ????

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Would that be the Pattaya with all the closed businesses?

Might your landlord know where Pattaya is? Ask, and if not, then it's probably to be found on a map somewhere.

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What percentage are still open?

We'll leave that for you to determine as your homework. Should be exciting, surveying and all.????

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Hardly for trolling purposes.  I simply disagree with your opinion that Thai domestic tourists are big spenders here and will float the local Pattaya economy.  

Are you suggesting that the Thai's that come down from BKK each weekend are not big spenders?

Edited by HashBrownHarry
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStar said:

Meanwhile your posts contain nothing new that's very relevant or that everyone doesn't know already. So, it's just going 'round and 'again, wasting time.

a familiar reaction.a kinda flashback...Your crazy style, these multiple quotes, highlightings of words,italics, bolds, movie references, relentless quoting, references to posts back in 2000s..all this reminds me of  a poster named either Jsixpack or JPsixpack. maybe it's you, who knows!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pattayadude said:

a familiar reaction.a kinda flashback...Your crazy style, these multiple quotes, highlightings of words,italics, bolds, movie references, relentless quoting, references to posts back in 2000s..all this reminds me of  a poster named either Jsixpack or JPsixpack. maybe it's you, who knows!

I can't speak for other posters, but that does sound complimentary. Me, now, if necessary I do take time to dumb things down for our reading impaired and AD sufferers (so many wrinklies, as a Brit would say, posting here) and spoonfeed them a simple little list, as I kindly did for you earlier here. Something of an effort, terribly unappreciated of course, but anything to help the less fortunate see the light of reason, man. I love this forum! ????

14 hours ago, BigStar said:

I can't speak for other posters, but that does sound complimentary. Me, now, if necessary I do take time to dumb things down for our reading impaired and AD sufferers (so many wrinklies, as a Brit would say, posting here) and spoonfeed them a simple little list, as I kindly did for you earlier here. Something of an effort, terribly unappreciated of course, but anything to help the less fortunate see the light of reason, man. I love this forum! ????

all good..thumbs up

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, BigStar said:

Do you deny it was a quiet high season, pre covid?

On 12/17/2020 at 5:45 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you suggesting he go round each and every business to count?

No. 

A simple ride around and you can see 1 in every 3 or 5 or 10 businesses open on a particularly road or soi.  Keep riding around and see the same on other roads and soi's. 

You end up with a percent of closed businesses, based upon your observations.   

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 5:43 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you suggesting that the Thai's that come down from BKK each weekend are not big spenders?

Define "big spenders." 

If you are talking about sangsom and som tum on the beach, then yes, big spenders.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:33 AM, jacko45k said:

10% or so, and 11% of jobs. Not insignificant. 

Sure, but considerably more percentage for Thailand. 

The difference is the huge employment numbers tourism creates in Thailand, with most working in the cash economy here, including hookers.  

39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What percentage do you think are still open now?  How much has the 8 billion contracted?

Tsk. You've not waddled over to complete your homework assignment yet. Taxi? Once there you can ride the escalators and enjoy the aircon.

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Do you deny it was a quiet high season, pre covid?

Read:

On 12/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, BigStar said:

Depends on which business owners you talked to. Around Soi Buakhao, probably, though every high season is the quietest high season ever.

Wasn't quiet for me. Had a great time again. Oh--that's been continuing this high season, too.????

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes.  That majority are not.  

But neither are the fabled Golden Egg Layers. Recently you learned an example of a hissy fit over a possible 5 baht scam by a farang Big Spender. ????

In fact, the usual Bell curve applies to any tourist population in a popular resort. Nothing new here, just round and round and round. Why's that so fun?

39 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Wasn't quiet for me. Had a great time again.

Nothing to do with having a great time or not.  I've always had a great time here, even in lock down.

It's to do with the amount of western tourist this past high season.  For me, they were down, way down.  

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Why don't you ask and find out for yourself? That can be part of your assignment. Why the need for so much spoonfeeding?

Just back from talking to the taxi driver.  He refused to put the meter on, so I didn't hire him. 

I guess the transport mafia here will see that as a victory, despite not getting a baht out of me.  ????????

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Really? This is big news. And you also did your little scientific survey. So there we have it, finally. Whew.

Yes, there we have it.  Domestic Thai tourists will not prop up Pattaya.  Glad we sorted that out.  ????

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Just back from talking to the taxi driver.  He refused to put the meter on, so I didn't hire him. 

I guess the transport mafia here will see that as a victory, despite not getting a baht out of me.  ????????

Excellent. Making progress. And that was very clever and showed him good. So now you can waddle on over.????

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, there we have it.  Domestic Thai tourists will not prop up Pattaya.  Glad we sorted that out.  ????

Well, no, now you've moved the goal post as usual. You were talking only about Western tourists that you imagine are necessary to help out all the many businesses catering to domestic tourists and perhaps even Western as well. Hence very limited geographical and business segment encompassed in your scientific survey.

Edited by BigStar