Study ranks New Zealand as best place to ride out COVID-19 - but how does Thailand fare?

webfact

If they DON"T believe Thailand's numbers, which makes sense...... HOW HOW can anyone with the exact same brain believe China's numbers?

I would guess China is Number 1, Russia and Brazil 2, India 4....

It doesn't matter LOS is way better than where I'm from......which is all that matters to me.

China locks down 1000 zillion people and then say no infections in months..... ok ok ok 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:57 AM, jaiyen said:

Western Australia is at the top of the list, but they have grouped all of the Australian states together.  That's not realistic as Australia is a continent bigger than Europe !

Sorry to put you right but Europe (10.18m square kilometres) is larger than Australia (7.692 m square kilometres)

On 11/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, shady86 said:

Could be ranked higher if they introduce mass testing instead of selective. 

No...look at the categories. Thailand has has significant impats to its economy and also rank low for acess to the vaccine when it arrives. I doubt Bloomberg were using their opinions in this survey. Only objective numbers. China is 8th, afterall. They must believe their numbers. 

On 11/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, PJPom said:

I live in an area where everybody seems to know everybody else and talking to people, not reading reports, nobody has died of Covid that we know. I am not doubting that COVID is around and take precautions as I am in the age bracket for problems if I catch it. We have three mosques and two Wats within a few km and none of them have had any unusual spates of burials or burnings, it is extremely puzzling.

The only person who I know of who died was my Cousin in the UK, she was 84, admitted to Hospital, told that her chances of surviving the necessary operation were extremely poor due to existing heart condition. She elected to go ahead and survived for four days, officially she died of COVID contacted in ICU, nothing mentioned of initial prognosis.

I am definitely not a conspiracy theorist but haven’t a clue how Thailand has escaped mass deaths seeing we hosted so many Chinese before the shutdown.

Thailand had a team over over 1M village health volunteers doing contact tracing; they holspitalized everyone found nfected until they could return 2 negative swabs. There was a severe lockdown across the county. Movement was extremely limited in the early days of the pandemic. Mask wearing was widespread. The hot and humid climate will also reduce spread somewhat. Start with these factors and compare that to what has happened in Europe and the US.

• Like 1