We recently moved to a new residence and the owner has now informed us they want nothing to do with TM30 reporting.

Our last registration was done online with no problems, CW occasionally asked for the owners blue book and a signed ID photocopy both of which we were given.

Is there any way around this problem? We would rather not move again if possible. CW doesn't accept the possessor of the lease agreement option, it's the owner's blue book and ID or nothing.

2 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Did you sign a contract with them as a foreigner?

Few options.

Tell them you will be Reporting them to tax department.

Find another place (the market is flooded and if owners are not flexible there is plenty to choose from)

Little point in telling them that.  TM30 & they will be telling the tax mob them selves.

21 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Little point in telling them that.  TM30 & they will be telling the tax mob them selves.

There is nothing to say that TM30 data goes to the tax office, a TM30 can be for an owner, a friend not paying any rent, a husband etc, it doesnt automatically mean a property is being rented out.

Its that sort of misinformation that has Thais reluctant to do TM30s

27 minutes ago, malt25 said:

You are wrong.

Immigration does not report anything to the revenue department and they have told people that did not want to do the report for that reason.

I've made the TM30 registration process part of my move-in procedures. A landlord who fails to sign the form and provide me with the requisite copies when the contract is being signed neither gets my signature nor my deposit. Their choice. So far, no issues, but I've read too many reports such as this one over the years.

2 minutes ago, Almer said:

I thought TM30 was scraped !!!

It still has to be done in certain cases. Dependent upon the type of visa or extension you have they are not required unless you change your address that immigration has on file.

Hotels and etc are still doing them.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It still has to be done in certain cases. Dependent upon the type of visa or extension you have they are not required unless you change your address that immigration has on file.

Hotels and etc are still doing them.

Ubonjoe, i sit with a retirement for several years living in the same house and think i am not needed to notify for an out of province jolly.

13 minutes ago, Almer said:

Ubonjoe, i sit with a retirement for several years living in the same house and think i am not needed to notify for an out of province jolly.

No. Even if you exit Thailand and return to same place your living you would not do a TM30

1 hour ago, orientfan said:

I thought it was a legal requirement for the owner to provide/assist with the TM.30 but may be wrong...

Not exactly correct. This from the immigration act. 

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned."

Luckily for me I took the missus with me to Buriram immigration today to do my 90 day report. They were more interested in missus and asked for her I D card. Her details were noted and then  a TM 30 notification was sign by the officer in charge and stapled into my passport. Why? The TM 30 has nothing to do with me. 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong.

Immigration does not report anything to the revenue department and they have told people that did not want to do the report for that reason.

Sorry... My bad  ????

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not exactly correct. This from the immigration act. 

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned."

What exactly is a house-master?  Unfortunately immigration offices tend to make no distinction between owner and possessor.

12 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

What exactly is a house-master?  Unfortunately immigration offices tend to make no distinction between owner and possessor.

From the immigration act.

" "House Master" means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From the immigration act.

" "House Master" means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

If only CW would read and actually comprehend the Act.

18 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Luckily for me I took the missus with me to Buriram immigration today to do my 90 day report. They were more interested in missus and asked for her I D card. Her details were noted and then  a TM 30 notification was sign by the officer in charge and stapled into my passport. Why? The TM 30 has nothing to do with me. 

Can I bump this question please? And what would have happened had I not taken my missus or I did the reporting online?

28 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And what would have happened had I not taken my missus or I did the reporting online?

They might of had you do a TM30 report or sent you away to return with proof of your residence and a completed TM30 form.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They might of had you do a TM30 report or sent you away to return with proof of your residence and a completed TM30 form.

Proof of residence? Immigration have been to my house at least half a dozen times over the years. My wife was fined 500 Baht tuther year for not notifying them I was living with her. Cash, no receipt. And as I said they'd visited out house numerous times before that. And she was with me when i did my extension in August of this year.

Archived