What happens if you are a foreigner?

jackdd

8 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

Yes, you will be forced to get a test

No, the government will not pay it for you. You pay it. 

If positive,  yes, you are forced to stay in hospital. 

No, you cannot choose the hospital. 

No, the government will not pay the hospital. You pay. 

People with your attitude are a reason why the government is so reluctant to let foreigners back in, insists on ASQ and all kinds of health insurances. 

And there was me always wondering why people call thailand " the land of smiles "

• Haha 1

The op raises a good question.

However, the odds of getting COVID in Thailand are probably about the same as winning the lottery.

Here in the USA, have been out and about in the stores and restaurants since COVID started.

Many places check your temperature before allowing you to enter.

Went to a Chinese Buffet the other day. They check your temperature and give you plastic gloves and a mask to wear, which has to be worn only when you are at the buffet getting food.

I do not know one person who has tested for COVID.

As much as we have been out and about, you think you would here about someone?

Most are wearing a mask when they go out, not sure most are fearful enough to get COVID to lock themselves up in the house.

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You can get insurance for COVID, 850 baht for 1 year, 1 million baht coverage, includes testing and hospital expenses. I got mine from Roojai.

Else you'll be paying for test and hospital treatment by yourself.

If you refuse to pay, you'll still be forced to test and get treated, and then likely get reported for not paying bills, which will get you in trouble with police and immigration.

Then again - why don't you try and all your questions will be answered.

Got the same, but you need to read the terms again. 1m bath if you die. Hospital bills only covered up to 1 houndred K baht. Should be enough though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

People with your attitude are a reason why the government is so reluctant to let foreigners back in, insists on ASQ and all kinds of health insurances. 

what the ?

people getting an "attitude" when treated unfairly? I wonder why ??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

The insurance is required since they do not offer free medical services to infected foreigners who enter the country (they bring the virus in) even though they are tested before arriving to Thailand. 2 weeks quarantine will be the answer (that's why the subject is not allowed to get out of the room for 1st 7 days while he/she is in quarantine, if the subject gets sick means he/she brought it in). 

Edited by The Theory

6 hours ago, TSF said:

I think by age 86 if I'm still around I'd be hanging up my traveling shoes and giving my suitcase to St. Vinnies.????

Why will you be so happy to give up on life?

We only have one life and if  a person is in good relative health then the very last thing one should be thinking of giving up is travel.

We are forced sadly by extenuating circumstances to give up on many things we enjoyed doing but that does not mean we should stop trying.

You, as I, I am sure, have seen many paraplegic people in Thailand who have travelled with unbelievable difficulty from there home countries to Thailand and around the world to enjoy the culture and any thing else they are able to participate in, Do they give up! No they just get on with it, taking help where they can and doing for themselves when no help is available and I admire them immensely.

I am 74 now and thankfully in good health, not on any medication and fully functional I have worked hard to take care of myself in the sure and certain knowledge that one day I will be old but fully prepared to fight to give up on as few of the things I enjoy as is possible, 

Only 3 things stand in my way, Continuing to attract the opposite sex, Travel insurance, and Death, only one of those is insurmountable, but I will stretch it out.

4 hours ago, Janner1 said:

We only have one life and if  a person is in good relative health then the very last thing one should be thinking of giving up is travel.

We are forced sadly by extenuating circumstances to give up on many things we enjoyed doing but that does not mean we should stop trying.

You, as I, I am sure, have seen many paraplegic people in Thailand who have travelled with unbelievable difficulty from there home countries to Thailand and around the world to enjoy the culture and any thing else they are able to participate in, Do they give up! No they just get on with it, taking help where they can and doing for themselves when no help is available and I admire them immensely.

I am 74 now and thankfully in good health, not on any medication and fully functional I have worked hard to take care of myself in the sure and certain knowledge that one day I will be old but fully prepared to fight to give up on as few of the things I enjoy as is possible, 

Only 3 things stand in my way, Continuing to attract the opposite sex, Travel insurance, and Death, only one of those is insurmountable, but I will stretch it out.

Good on you. When you said "I will stretch it out" I thought you were referring to attracting the opposite sex.????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Janner1 said:

My post was really a bit tongue-in-cheek. However, in my opinion Thailand is not an ideal location for a foreigner with any health or old age issues. Personally, if I have any major health/mobility issues when I'm in my 80s I'd rather be living back in Australia where there is superior medical and support for me. But, of course, it depends on the individual. Some people are fit in their 80s, others have ruined their health by their 40s. Glad to hear you are in good health. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

With respect the poster does not have an "attitude" just some questions?

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 12:11 AM, jackdd said:

Currently this is just a theoretical scenario, but it could happen to any of us any day, so i was thinking about what would happen if:

Somebody with who you had close contact tests positive for Covid, could be your girlfriend, or maybe somebody who sat in a bus next to you, and the government considers you as "high risk".

- Are we forced to get tested for Covid?

- If we are forced, will the government pay for the test, or do they expect the foreigner to pay for a forced test?

The worst case scenario happens, we test positive.

- Does the government force us into a hospital?

- Can we choose the hospital?

- If we are forced, will the government pay for the stay in the hospital, or do they expect the foreigner to pay?

- What happens if the foreigner refuses to pay?

This goes along with my post asking if anyone knew of a foreigner who was treated for Covid in Thailand. And what the experience was like.  No one did.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, FlorC said:

Some good questions !

I wonder about it too.

I want to take the bus to Bangkok . They want your name when buying a ticket. What if someone next to me on the bus has it , and they trace me down . Who's paying for tests ? Do I need to go in quarantine , where ? Who's paying ?

What if I refuse .

Is this name thing new? I went to BKK 2 weeks ago and nobody asked anything except for the bus fare...

16 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Saw people buying lottery tickets this morning.....this is the day...

one turns to me and smiles, "you are lucky you have money already."

I was walking with an old bag, second-hand everything,  but a nice watch.  

farangs are always rich.......if you paid for a plane ticket, you are rich enough.  

you will pay for everything......

it is true that I think having a million in a Thai bank account doesn't make you rich.

but it's all relative, so i just smile and go along....  If I had a Thai passport, maybe I would think differently.  But back home, 1 million baht is going to evaporate...  

but a nice watch.         COPY ??????? ????????????????

On 12/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, Kiujunn said:

I think you Troll this post, you are afraid of Covid maybe, but hateful to Farang? This is not nice! You should think twice. 

I have a 3 mill. Baht in patient policy with an approved (for visa purposes) Thai insurance company. 

They have never sent me anything to say that COVID has been added to policy exclusions. 

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm covered for any COVID hospital treatment which involves me staying there.

Anyone disagree?